Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Fertility and IVF success rates after endometriosis surgery

Fertility and IVF success rates after endometriosis surgery

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">michi</span>
    michi

Hey,

I was diagnosed with endometriosis and I underwent surgery one month ago. Now I’m about to start my IVF treatment to have a baby and just wondering… Has anyone been through this? What are my chances of getting pregnant after all this?

02/07/2018 at 2:39 pm
  2. Dear michi,

First of all, let me send you lots of baby dust and wish you the best of luck with your treatment!

As for the chances of success, giving you a particular figure is complicated. To do so, I’d need to know more data about your personal situation, the stage of endometriosis you have, the location of the nodules (ovaries, tubes, ligaments…), the state of your uterus after surgery, age, egg count, sperm quality…

In any case, so you can have an idea, the overall success rates of in vitro fertilization are 30-40%.

Read: Can You Get Pregnant with Endometriosis? – Your Chances of Success.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best!

02/12/2018 at 12:18 pm
  3. Hi. I don’t know the accurate success rate. But I believe if your doc recommends it, and if you trust him, – come on, try this option out!!
    Several surgical procedures can correct problems or otherwise improve female fertility. However, surgical treatments for fertility are rare these days due to the success of other treatments. They include:
    Laparoscopic or hysteroscopic surgery. These surgeries can remove or correct abnormalities to help improve your chances of getting pregnant. Surgery might involve correcting an abnormal uterine shape, removing endometrial polyps and some types of fibroids that misshape the uterine cavity, or removing pelvic or uterine adhesions.
    Tubal surgeries. If your fallopian tubes are blocked or filled with fluid (hydrosalpinx), your doctor may recommend laparoscopic surgery to remove adhesions, dilate a tube or create a new tubal opening. This surgery is rare, as pregnancy rates are usually better with IVF. For hydrosalpinx, removal of your tubes or blocking the tubes close to the uterus can improve your chances of pregnancy with IVF. ART involves retrieving mature eggs from a woman, fertilizing them with a man’s sperm in a dish in a lab, then transferring the embryos into the uterus after fertilization. IVF is the most effective assisted reproductive technology. An IVF cycle takes several weeks and requires frequent blood tests and daily hormone injections.
    Hope this helps.

06/23/2019 at 12:40 pm
Leave a reply