Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Fragile X syndrome and egg donation

Fragile X syndrome and egg donation

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">pamyield92</span>
    pamyield92

Hello,

I’m 31 years old and I’ve been diagnosed with premature ovarian failure or POF. After no period for many years (amenorrhea), I did a series of medical check-ups and the result wasn’t encouraging at all… They found a mild form of the Fragile X Syndrome… I suppose I’ll have trouble conceiving bearing in mind these problems, so I’d like to know whether I may have any chance of getting pregnant using donor eggs.

Any help will be very much appreciated!

10/12/2015 at 9:22 am
  2. One of the most common symptoms of the Fragile X syndrome is POF or premature ovarian failure. In most severe cases, the woman never produces eggs; others develop early menopause. In your case, bearing in mind that you’ve been having amenorrhea for several years, your ovaries are unable to produce eggs, and that’s the reason why you need to use donor eggs to become pregnant. Egg donation consists of a woman who donates her eggs so that you can carry a pregnancy to term. The prospective donor will be matched with your features and, once this is done, the donor eggs will be fertilized using your partner/husband’s sperm or donor sperm if necessary. Finally, the embryo transfer or ET is performed. This allows you to achieve pregnancy.

10/14/2015 at 12:44 pm
Leave a reply