Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Gender selection at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine

Gender selection at Idaho Center for Reproductive Medicine

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Fallon</span>
    Fallon

Hello, I am a mom to 4 wonderful boys but as you can imagine I really want a girl. We have been trying but my husband can only make boys! I was wondering what the process is for gender selection. We are now considering it!

03/10/2022 at 9:00 pm
  2. This! It was great to have this option in our clinic. We didn´t let nature do its thing, we had 2 girls and didn´t want to risk another one. They took eggs out and chose the male ones.. not exactly sure how they figured that out! But best decision.

03/12/2022 at 5:00 pm
  3. Hi Fallon,

Gender selection is a technique that is performed to check which embryos are female and male. For this, a preimplantation genetic diagnosis is performed in which a cell is obtained from the blastocysts before the transfer. This is genetically analyzed to rule out the presence of malformations and identify the presence of chromosomes. In this way, XX (female) embryos and XY (male) embryos can be identified. The patient can then choose whether to have the best quality male or female embryos implanted, thus obtaining a pregnancy of the desired gender.

I hope I have answered your question,

Best regards

03/16/2022 at 6:09 pm