Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
How many tries with donor eggs before getting pregnant?

How many tries with donor eggs before getting pregnant?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">mary oh mary</span>
    mary oh mary

Hello there,

I’m in the middle of my egg donation cycle. I’ve got a total amount of 8 healthy embryos… so I’d like to transfer them in rows of 2 each time, with a total amount of 4 embryo transfers. Do you think this is enough to get pregnant? How many tries does each woman need on average?

In my case, I’ve run out of eggs, but everything else is working as it should for my age—42 years old—, and I’ve got already a son who is now 15—I had him at age 27.

I had no problems that time, why should I now?

Thanks

02/12/2016 at 12:08 pm
  2. Dear mary oh mary,

donor egg success rates stand at around 60% per cycle. This high success rates are due to the fact that the eggs used come from young girls, with a normal ovarian reserve, who have passed every necessary screening test, including a genetic one.

Thus, pregnancy can be achieved from the very first embryo transfer. Besides, taking into account that you have 8 viable embryos, your prognosis is very positive.

Moreover, in your case, factors such as uterine alterations, miscarriage or implantation failure can be ruled out, since you’ve already had a child without any problem in spite of your low ovarian reserve.

The following article may be of interest: Pregnancy success rates with donor eggs.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

02/22/2016 at 3:16 pm
Leave a reply