Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
How much do egg donors get paid in South Africa?

How much do egg donors get paid in South Africa?

1. donkeymonkey
    donkeymonkey

Hey guys, I’m considering becoming an egg donor in South Africa as I’ve heard several successful egg donor stories and besides I’m visiting the country next summer. It’s the perfect combination, but I’m not sure whether the payment will be fine. Mainly I want to be reimbursed part of the travel expenses I’m gonna have you know? So mainly I wanna know how can I sell my eggs in South Africa, if donors get paid, and if so how much do they get. Looking forward to your reply x

05/15/2017 at 4:09 pm
  2. Dear donkeymonkey,

Egg donation is allowed in South Africa, and the law establishes that egg donors should be compensated with R7,000 (R = South African Rand) per donation. This issue is guided by the South African Medical Ethics Committee. R7,000 is equivalent to $531.67 USD and €480.91 EUR.

It is important for you to understand that women are not allowed to “sell” their eggs: this sum of money is a compensation for their time and effort. This means, at the same time, that every donor gets R7,000 per donation regardless of whether she produces a single egg, 10 eggs, 20 eggs or zero eggs.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best

05/16/2017 at 12:49 pm
Leave a reply