Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Is it possible to donate an egg while pregnant? I wanna help others!

Is it possible to donate an egg while pregnant? I wanna help others!

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">PregnantNow</span>
    PregnantNow

Hello! I am now two months pregnant and have donated my eggs previously, 3 years ago… I’m taking some time off work and the truth is I’m kinda bored because apart from my gyne visits I don’t do many things in my pregnant life! Since last time my experience with egg donation was wonderful, I’ve though I want to repeat it now that I’m not so busy! Is it possible, I mean, can I donate eggs while I’m pregnant? I’ve heard having a child of your own is an advantage to donate eggs 🙂

01/05/2016 at 9:31 am
  2. Hello,

I am afraid the answer to your question is no. Egg donation requires that the donor ovulates. In fact, you are given drugs to trigger ovulation and thus egg production so that the harvest is worth while. Taking into account that you don’t ovulate during pregnancy, it is not possible for pregnant women to donate their eggs. Moreover, the harvesting procedure, called “follicular puncture” could be dangerous for the baby-to-be.

The best thing for you now is remaining calm and leading a healthy lifestyle. I recommend you to read the following article, since maybe doing some physical activity while pregnant is a good idea now: Pregnancy and physical exercise.

Hope this helps,

Regards

01/14/2016 at 9:51 am
Leave a reply