Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Is it possible to still get your period while you are pregnant?

Is it possible to still get your period while you are pregnant?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">chrystal scherbatsky</span>
    chrystal scherbatsky

Hey, how are you? I’m Chrystal and I’m kind of worried basically because I don’t know if I’m pregnant or not…

You see, I had unsafe sex a day after my period started. Then, the next menstruation did not start on the expected date, and it finally came 4 days late. I did a pregnancy each of those days (a total of 3 tests) because I was totally desperate. Of course, all of them were negative and my period was as usually. But this month it started in a very strange manner, I mean, apart from being late again, it’s just about a slight brown discharge.

Does it mean I could be pregnant? Please, help me, I’m about to faint…

Thanks a lot for your soon reply.

09/24/2015 at 7:39 pm
  2. Dear Chrystal,

The characteristics of your period may vary from time to time, without it meaning there is a pregnancy or anything else. The majority of women experience menstrual alterations throughout their life; therefore, it is totally normal and there’s no reason to panic. Despite being late, if your period has started, it means your endometrium is being shed. In other words, that embryo implantation has not occurred.

Best wishes and keep calm 🙂

09/25/2015 at 9:21 am
    • Hello Sandra,

Can you get me out of here? 🙁 I need to know whether I’m pregnant or not… A month ago I had unsafe sex with my boyfriend and my period is missing… Apart from that, my breasts are leaking milk, I’m hungry all the time, I’ve stomach gas and bloating, etc. I spotted a little bit a few days ago, but almost invisible.

Do you think these are pregnancy signs?

Thanks!!!

09/25/2015 at 11:34 am
  3. Good morning, this is Agatha and you see, I can’t help thinking I’m pregnant, mainly because I’m noticing exactly the typical symptoms every woman mentions in these forum (I’ve read other topics, too). I engaged into unprotected sexual intercourse and 2 days after my period started but it came with really painful cramps. After 10 days, I started vomiting every morning and feeling terribly sick. To date, I feel my stomach and bladder are full, like bloated. Can I possible have fallen pregnant?

09/25/2015 at 2:42 pm
    • Dear Agatha,

There are some months when periods come in an altered way, but this is totally normal and there is no reason to panic. Even if it’s more painful as usual, it’s still normal. Women do not always have their periods in the same way due to little hormone imbalances that occur from time to time in our bodies.

Nevertheless, if you’ve engaged into unsafe sexual intercourse, these symptoms may be due to embryo implantation. In other words, that you got pregnant. In this case, the best thing you could do is taking a pregnancy test to settle any doubts.

I attach here an article about common embryo implantation symptoms so that you can get further info and check if your symptoms are in like with the ones mentioned here: https://www.invitra.com/en/embryo-implantation-symptoms/

Wishing you all the best.

09/28/2015 at 10:02 am
  4. Hello, can you help me? My period started on September, 19th and there was no bleeding, just a bit of spotting, but almost nothing, and it lasted like 2 days. It’s strange because my periods usually last over 5 days. But the thing is I have enlarged blood vessels in one breast and they are becoming bigger… Apart from that, I have a moving feeling on my stomach and nipple discharge, but I got a negative pregnancy test. But still, do you think I’m pregnant or not? Thank you very much.

09/26/2015 at 11:50 am
  5. Hi good morning sister. I am here for you to handle problem in easy way. It is very surprising for me to see you are facing same problem like me in your life. Now I am happy and healthy enjoying baby gift in my life that fulfills my darkness life with brightness. It is your turn to enjoy healthy baby gift in your life. This is golden opportunity for me to share my personal life experience to solve your problem on behalf of my personal problem handling in life. We try each and every method and consult with popular gynecologist and sex expert of Ukraine to get permanent solution of my problem but not succeed. I want to express kind had thanks to God to provide easy and effective method to handle this horrible situation in my life.
    It is good idea to make proper planning to defeat this horrible situation in your life. You should not lose hope. This is medical science based world you can solve your problem in easy way. It is clear indication that your body hormones level not in balance. It is very important to understand everybody’s signal move your body to handle this horrible situation in advance. You should remove stress and depression with easy and effective yoga and meditation that is most popular and reliable way to face this difficult situation. You should check pregnancy test that clear all your doubt in easy way this is remarkable situation in woman’s life you should be aware to choose each and every factor method in the life. You can easily skip miscarriage possibility with advance planning. I hope you get sufficient information to face this problem in your life.

08/30/2017 at 9:57 am
Leave a reply