Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
IVF costs at Lifestart Fertility Center

IVF costs at Lifestart Fertility Center

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Berta</span>
    Berta

Hi!

I’m wondering how much an IVF cycle would cost at Lifestart Fertility. I’m about to schedule an appointment but would like to know the price so I’d know what I get myself into financially. My budget is $15,000 and I don’t know if its sufficient for fertility treatment.

05/02/2020 at 7:39 am
  2. Hi Berta

I was wondering the same. I tried to look at their website but it says you have to call to get a password to look at the costs. Dunno why that is.

05/07/2020 at 8:49 pm
  3. I can only speak for myself but I paid approx. $18,000 for my IVF cycle. I should mention it wasn’t at this center, though, but the costs might be about the same in each center, I think.
    I also had frozen embryo leftovers that had been stored for a while which makes the treatment costs skyrocket. Don’t forget to calculate your medications extra, they don’t fall into the budget, unfortunately 🙁

05/27/2020 at 9:45 am
    • Wow, that’s crazy :O What kind of medication did you take? Do you think there are more economical fertility medications out there? What I’m also afraid of is what if my first IVF attempt fails… I’m financially not prepared to undergo a second cycle. Do you think it might be possible to take out a loan?

05/28/2020 at 2:01 pm
    • Hi Berta,

Infertility treatments are expensive, due to the complex techniques and the medical instruments required. It’s difficult to find a list of the prices of the main assisted reproduction techniques. Clinics don’t usually tell the prices until the first or second visit has been carried out and they have an approximate diagnosis of each patient.

VF involves the fertilization of the egg by the sperm ex vivo, that is, in the laboratory. Medical instruments and special incubators are required. This is what mainly increases the cost of the treatment. The value of this technique is between € 3,000 and € 4,000 and includes:

1. Controls during ovarian stimulation.
      2. Ovum-pick up.
      3. Sperm processing.
      4. In vitro fertilization.
      5. Embryo culture.
      6. Embryo transfer.

You should calculate your fertility drugs extra. Also, depending on your case, additional techniques such as blastocyst culture, testicular biopsy, assisted hatching, etc. might be required which makes the costs more expensive.

For more detailed information about the costs of assisted reproduction, I recommend you this article: Overview of the Main Costs of Fertility Treatments.

The good news is that most fertility centers offer financing options and discount programs. If you want to know which centers have financial services in their program included, I suggest you have a look at our clinic directory for your area. This allows you to have an overview of the fertility services offered and to compare different clinics among each other and to choose the one that best suits your needs.

As you’re interested in Lifestart Fertility, you also may have a look at their clinic profile. So you get to know their fertility treatment program, additional services, success rates and much more.

Hope this helps you,

all the best.

05/28/2020 at 5:07 pm
    • wow thanks for so much information. I’ve just seen that Lifestart Fertility does offer fertility financing. Now I’m much more optimistic.

05/29/2020 at 10:10 am
Leave a reply