Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Moving on to donor egg IVF after five failed IUI cycles

Moving on to donor egg IVF after five failed IUI cycles

1. Jannnn
    Jannnn

I have crossed 40. I go for the first baby through IVF. I did not support the doctor during five cycles of IUI in the last year, so he advised me to go for IVF with mild anesthesia. Is it advisable to have anesthesia during IVF test tube baby? The doctor advised me to have the help of other lady as the donor and my husband’s sperm. Please guide me. Thanks.

03/02/2018 at 1:21 pm
  2. Dear jannnn,

After five failed IUI cycles, it is normal that your doctor has considered that you move on to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). However, I don’t known the causes why s/he has advised you to use donor eggs. I assume that the quality of your eggs has been examined and considered insufficient as to create viable embryo.

03/02/2018 at 1:53 pm
  3. I usually write about mitochondrial donation because the method is really amazing. It allows a woman who couldn’t conceive a baby for years to get pregnant and carry a healthy child. This technology is also an alternative to surrogacy. It enables families to have genetically healthy children. The correct work of egg mitochondria, that is their active functionality contributes to the successful conception. Since the mitochondrial donation uses the egg of a donor, which does not contain defective mitochondria. The method is also recommended for women with a high probability of the development of mutations in mitochondrial DNA and subsequent severe illnesses in an unborn baby. Mitochondrial donation helps barren women not only to become mothers, but also exclude a number of genetic diseases.

12/19/2019 at 1:12 pm
Leave a reply