Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Missed period due to stress or pregnancy?

Missed period due to stress or pregnancy?

1. yaminE
    yaminE

hi… I had unprotected sex on 18th last month but he didnt cum inside me. I got my period last month on 4th. Yesterday was my due date but i didnt get my period yet. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and a week back and i got negative results. I am worried. Can i get pregnant? Also I moved to a new city last month 1 day before my period. Lately I have been going through a lot of stress. I started taking asafoetida and fenugreek water since yesterday. Also I took 2 of Vitamin C tablets today.

06/05/2018 at 3:13 pm
  2. Dear yasmine,

Indeed, stress is a factor that can cause a period to be late in many women at certain periods of their life. It’s normal and no reason to be concerned. However, if you’ve had unsafe sex, then it may be due to pregnancy as well. Even if your partner hasn’t ejaculated inside you, there are still chances for you being pregnant, especially if you’re ovulating.

My advice is that you take a pregnancy test in a few days to clear your doubts.

I hope this helps,

Best regards

06/05/2018 at 5:36 pm
  3. thank you for your time ma’am. Could you tell me that how much is the possibility that one could get pregnant this way? without any ejaculation inside? And when should I take the next test? Should I be worried if that test too is a negative?

06/06/2018 at 10:15 am
  4. Also, should I consider this fact that I got 2 negatives till now? I am a bit worried. I mean 2 negatives should lessen the chances of I being pregnant, right?

06/06/2018 at 10:22 am
    • Hello again,

Two negative tests definitely lessen the chances for you being pregnant. It’s highly unlikely that you are pregnant, actually. My advice is that you relax and wait for your period to show up. Stress doesn’t help in these cases.

Best wishes

06/06/2018 at 1:01 pm
    • thank you for your time ma’am.

06/06/2018 at 1:15 pm
Leave a reply