Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Naltrexone to help with implantation

Naltrexone to help with implantation

1. emilylovechild
    emilylovechild

Hello Doctor and participants, have any of you been prescribed Naltraxone for your cycles? I’ve been searching and it’s not FDA approved, and I have never taken it before. I’m a little bit leery, to be honest with you. Pharmacist says it helps with implantation, but not sure. Any thoughts?

05/02/2016 at 11:59 am
  2. Dear emily,

Yes, Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) is a therapy that may be beneficial for a variety of health issues, including infertility, and some symptoms associated with PCOS. It works by boosting the immune system.

LDN makes it begin working at optimum levels again, including the correction of any imbalance found in your body. Studies have also shown some relationships between the hormonal imbalance of the body, the immune system, and problems experienced by women suffering from PCOS and infertility issues.

It is considered side-effect free, as it just works by stimulating the body’s own mechanisms, but there are some special patients for whom it may not be well-suited, especially those being treated for addictions. It is contraindicated if you’re taking Narcotics or Methotrexate.

Low Dose Naltrexone is taken at the start of ovarian stimulation or before, and its intake should be stopped after a positive pregnancy test. It will be temporarily stopped 4 days before egg retrieval, and resumed the following day.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best wishes

05/03/2016 at 12:09 pm
  3. Hahaha thank you, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t a guinea pig!!

05/04/2016 at 4:00 pm
  4. Hey emily, for your own peace of mind, I’m taking it now and everything’s fine! All the best xx

05/05/2016 at 9:13 am
  5. Hey ladies, fyi I think when a doc prescribes you a drug that is qualified as “experimental drug” by the FDA and therefore not yet approved, in such cases, I would ask my doctor different things such as if there’s any info available to support the use of this drug, if it’s going to work better than an approved drug, what are the risks and benefits, if your health insurance will cover the treatment… This info can be found on the FDS website.

05/06/2016 at 6:17 pm
    • Hello emily, I took it while Ttc and continue to take if for endometriosis. I’ve been off and on now for 5 years!!

05/07/2016 at 1:08 pm
Leave a reply