Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Negative pregnancy test after IVF but no period

Negative pregnancy test after IVF but no period

1. Leah
    Leah

Someone please help! I had 2 grade 5 embryos transferred. I’m on day 15, took 2 pregnancy tests and they were negative. I have to repeat in 3 days I have no bleeding but i’ve had stomach cramps. Is this the end of my journey or could there be a chance that I am pregnant?

03/25/2018 at 12:02 pm
  2. Dear Leah horsler,

I’m afraid if you did two home pregnancy tests and both came back negative on day 15 post embryo transfer, the most likely is that you are not pregnant. I’m really sorry. After 15 days, if embryo implantation had taken place, a pregnancy test would be able to detect the presence of the hormone hCG in your system, and be able to show a positive result.

However, one failed IVF attempt does not mean that it’s the end of your journey. You can go for a second IVF attempt. Failing once doesn’t mean that IVF is not an option for you.

Recommended thread for you: How many IVF cycles did it take you to get pregnant?

Keep the positive vibes high!

Best wishes

03/26/2018 at 10:35 am
    • I’m on day 10 of transfer and had 2 grade 5 embryos implanted i have to take another test in 3 days i took a HPT today and its still negative.i also lost 2 embryos in the thawing process and only have one left

03/26/2018 at 2:45 pm
    • Hello again Leah horsler,

Ok, you said “I’m on day 15” on your previous comment, hence my reply. If you’re on day 10, then there are chances for you being pregnant. If taken too early, HPTs might show a false negative when you’re actually pregnant.

Let’s wait three more days to see what the beta HCG analysis says!

Best of luck!

03/26/2018 at 3:46 pm
    • I have another HPT the clinic give me and they said if that’s negative they won’t do a blood test to check for pregnancy as they believe this test is accurate but iv seen on forums that women have had negative HPT but positive blood tests I took another test today and it was negative I will wait and do it Wednesday now.i just feel devastated.

03/26/2018 at 7:24 pm
  3. It’s always better to take a pregnancy test on 12th to 14th day after embryo transfer. If you are on the 15th day, I think so the result is negative.
    I will suggest not to take home test, go into your clinic and the have pregnancy test for accurate results.

04/02/2018 at 8:25 am
Leave a reply