Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
What to do and not to do during the two week wait IVF

What to do and not to do during the two week wait IVF

1. aliya125
    aliya125

As any ivf patient will attest, the two week wait after the embryo transfer are the largest 15 days in our life, as i experienced. All the action and excitements of taking injections, going for scans, monitoring our blood test results and admiring our embryos is now over. Our doctor has put our embryos back into our uterus. and now all we can do is wait for the outcomes, in order to find out whether the embryo have implanted or not. Not only is the fact that the outcome of the treatment completely out of our hands extremely frustrating. What makes it even worse is that there is no away to of finding out what is happening to our precious embryos inside our body.The only thing we can do is sit, wait, relax and wait for the good results. Everything that is worthwhile is always worth waiting for

01/04/2018 at 7:20 pm
  2. Dear aliya albert,

Yes, the two week wait is a complicated phase after IVF that every couple or patient must go through. However, the good news is that there exist several tips to follow in order to survive it or, at least, make it more bearable.

For example, it is important for you to stay away from your computer or electronic device, especially because you may feel tempted to look for symptoms, forums talking about it, etc. But you should know that each woman is different and nothing that you may read applies to your case by default.

Being distracted with hobbies, your family or just relaxing are essential tips to survive the 2WW. Not doing so can generate stress, which is not helpful at all for implantation and good IVF outcomes. In short, what I’m trying to say is that you should take care of yourself, now more than ever. Exercise, go to bed earlier, spend time with your friends or family, go walking… these simple tips can be extremely helpful.

On the other side of the coin, you should embrace sad days. Just face that they are going to be there, no matter how hard you try to avoid them. Accepting negative feelings is a way to actually cope with them. During these days, sharing your feelings, thoughts and emotions with your partner or talking to a friend can be very helpful.

Read more:
    How to Make the Two Week Wait (2WW) More Bearable
    What is the Two-Week Wait (2WW)? – Tips to Survive It

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

01/09/2018 at 6:17 pm
  3. Hi, I know the frustration you must be facing. IVF should come with frustration bearing pills. I am glad you shared your thoughts as during IVF, not only do you need physical health but also mental support. IVF comes with a much longer waiting time than natural pregnancy. You will enjoy each and every step of the treatment. Well at first you will be frustrated but then you will be happy and then again frustrated. Happiness and stress come hand in hand. The best way is to not let the mental stress have an effect on the embryo. I hope you deliver a beautiful baby.

01/24/2018 at 11:23 am
  4. Stunning! Aliya! It’s extremely a decent approach through! I seek it goes well after you. I’m additionally experiencing an IVF not long from now. I seek it works out for me. Wish me fortunes as well! We both are in almost the same situation. xoxo

01/25/2018 at 11:31 pm
  5. During 2ww one should avoid heavy lifting, hot baths and rigorous exercise. Take the whole two weeks off – or at least the first. This is your life and your baby. Nothing is more important. Embryo implantation takes place three of four days after transfer. Stress and anxiety don’t help. Take your medication – religiously. Spotting and bleeding can happen in the two week wait – and beyond. And brown discharge too. Try not to worry: it’s statistically more likely to be okay than not. Your uterus is under pressure from your meds and your embryo. Emotions and nerves can, if you let them, get the better of you. But avoid that chocolate bar – and not just because of the caffeine. Now’s the time, more than ever, to eat a balanced, healthy diet. Go for an even mix of vegetables, fruit, pulses, carbs and proteins. Don’t test early, or expect pregnancy symptoms. Wait for 14 days after your transfer (12 after a day-5 transfer), then test. Sex immediately after an IVF cycle is not a good move. Infections can happen and your uterus can do without the commotion. Twinges and cramps during the two week wait are common. Try not to panic: your womb is in overdrive. In fact, those feelings may mean implantation. Finally, expect the worst and hope for the best. I personally found these tips super useful. Hope the same for you. Fingers crossed.

05/29/2018 at 1:59 pm
Leave a reply