Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Nova IVF Mountain View Experience

Nova IVF Mountain View Experience

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Minnie</span>
    Minnie

Hi!

I’m looking for a fertility clinic in which I can freeze my eggs. I’m a cancer patient and about to undergo chemotherapy. Can someone explain to me the procedure? Any experience with Nova IVF in particular? I’m also open to other recommendations.

Hugs,
    Minnie

06/13/2020 at 8:07 am
  2. Hello Minnie!!

we tried to conceive for 6 years and went to several fertility clinics in California. We finally stuck to Nova IVF. We had IVF with frozen embryos and it was successful at the first attempt. So, I can wholeheartedly recommend this clinic.

06/27/2020 at 5:21 pm
    • Glad to hear your IVF was successful. You had a frozen embryo transfer? So you also had your eggs frozen? Could you explain to me how this works, please? I first wondered if it could worsen ones pregnancy success…

07/08/2020 at 1:00 pm
    • Hi Minnie,

I’m sorry that you have to go through this. Stay strong! Fortunately, thanks to modern reproductive medicine, cancer patients have the possibility to preserve their fertility by different methods for different types of cancer, one of which is egg vitrification.

This method consists of freezing the mature eggs obtained after controlled ovarian induction through the vitrification technique (ultra-fast freezing), in which the eggs are passed from 15ºC to -196ºC. In this way, the oocytes are conserved unaltered for an infinite time, regardless of whether the woman is subsequently subjected to oncological treatment. In the egg vitrification, due to the speed with which the change from one temperature to another takes place, there is no formation of ice crystals. That is why the survival of the eggs is high and it is possible to delay motherhood with a good chance of success. Read more about it in detail here: Preserving Fertility in Women with cancer.

Feeling comfortable in a fertility clinic is important. Undergoing a fertility treatment is already mentally and physically exhausting, so try to avoid any additional inconveniences. Therefore, we at inviTRA always recommend visiting at least two or more fertility clinics in order to compare your impressions of each one. In our Clinic Directory, you’ll find an overview of fertility centers in your area. Here is the link: Fertility Clinics in California.

Hope this helps,

wish you all the best for your future.

07/13/2020 at 8:33 am
Leave a reply