Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
How does polycystic ovaries affect pregnancy?
Menu

How does polycystic ovaries affect pregnancy?

1. Marlene
    Marlene

Heyy!! I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries (PCO) when I was 17 years old—too young, I know 🙁 Already then I was told I would have trouble conceiving in the future. Eight months ago I stopped using contraceptives because with my husband we want to be on parenthood. I’ve been using contraceptives for 14 years but the problem is since I quitted my period is missing… I think I’m not even ovulating. I haven’t been to my GYN/OB yet. I’d like to know firstly which are going to be the steps taken once I visit her. I’d like to hear some stories!!

07/03/2015 at 9:37 am
  2. Dear Marlene,

Missed period is a common symptom among women suffering from PCO and, thus, anovulation. But this is a matter for your gynecologist to decide.

Until you visit her, here are some articles that can help you get as much information as possible:

What Is PCOS?
    Definition of Anovulation

Hope it helps!!

07/05/2015 at 3:43 pm
  3. Right after visiting a gynecologist for the very first time I was diagnosed with PCO. That’s the reason why I’ve always been such a hairy, chubby girl! My gyn prescribed me combination birth control pills and I take them ever since and I have to say I’ve seen a huge improvement on that problems… Besides, my mum also suffers from polycystic ovaries and she gave birth to me and my sister without any problem, so… I am hopeful.

09/02/2015 at 5:58 pm
Leave a reply
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.