Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
How does polycystic ovaries affect pregnancy?

How does polycystic ovaries affect pregnancy?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Marlene</span>
    Marlene

Heyy!! I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries (PCO) when I was 17 years old—too young, I know 🙁 Already then I was told I would have trouble conceiving in the future. Eight months ago I stopped using contraceptives because with my husband we want to be on parenthood. I’ve been using contraceptives for 14 years but the problem is since I quitted my period is missing… I think I’m not even ovulating. I haven’t been to my GYN/OB yet. I’d like to know firstly which are going to be the steps taken once I visit her. I’d like to hear some stories!!

07/03/2015 at 9:37 am
  2. Dear Marlene,

Missed period is a common symptom among women suffering from PCO and, thus, anovulation. But this is a matter for your gynecologist to decide.

Until you visit her, here are some articles that can help you get as much information as possible:

What Is PCOS?
    Definition of Anovulation

Hope it helps!!

07/05/2015 at 3:43 pm
  3. Right after visiting a gynecologist for the very first time I was diagnosed with PCO. That’s the reason why I’ve always been such a hairy, chubby girl! My gyn prescribed me combination birth control pills and I take them ever since and I have to say I’ve seen a huge improvement on that problems… Besides, my mum also suffers from polycystic ovaries and she gave birth to me and my sister without any problem, so… I am hopeful.

09/02/2015 at 5:58 pm
Leave a reply