Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Poor responder to IVF stimulation with donor eggs

Poor responder to IVF stimulation with donor eggs

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Sammy</span>
    Sammy

Hi,

I’ve already done 2 IVF cycles with my own eggs, but both were unsuccessful. The first time, I got 3 eggs retrieved, but the 2nd time I only got a single egg. So now I will have to start all over again from the very beginning because I don’t have frozen eggs or embryos. Do you think I can still produce eggs if I start an ovarian stimulation cycle again? Or it is likely that I’ve already run out of eggs?

Doctor say I could give it another try if I don’t want to use donor eggs, this time using other ovulation induction drugs to see if my ovarian response improves in some way. But I’m not sure whether turning to egg donation would make more sense. What’s your opinion?

Thanks!!

02/27/2016 at 5:12 pm
  2. Dear Sammy,

being diagnosed as a poor-responder to IVF ovulation induction drugs means that you have a low ovarian reserve, which at the same time may suggest that the eggs you produce are of poor quality. Subsequently, the embryos created with your eggs might be of poor quality. This leads to higher chances of embryonic arrest and may be the reason why the embryo transfer has to be cancelled.

From my point of view, egg donation would be the best in your case, since it may guarantee that you are transferred high quality embryos, with full capacity to implant.

However, if your doctor considers giving it another try using other medications is worth it, perhaps you could give it a last try and see how it works. If it leads to failure again, then egg donation would be the most advisable fertility option for you.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

03/15/2016 at 6:21 pm
Leave a reply