Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Natural pregnancy right after IVF failure?

Natural pregnancy right after IVF failure?

1. znrzdmr
    znrzdmr

I had my last period on 8 Oct. My period calendar was pointing out as my ovulation day on 26th of October. I usually have my period in 32-35 days so I ovulate late. This month we have decided to do an IVF trial and I just had an egg retrieval on 21st of Oct. The doctor collected them 12 days after I started for treatment. 10 eggs were collected but 6 of them were not mature. At the end no egg was fertilized. Do you think doctor collected them earlier? Anyways, 5 days after my egg retrieval, I had intercourse on my regular ovulation day (26 oct).Is there any chance that i can be pregnant in natural way?

10/30/2017 at 8:21 pm
  2. Dear znrzdmr,

In an IVF cycle, your menstrual cycle is controlled by fertility medications, so egg collection is scheduled for the most adequate day for your eggs to be retrieved depending on each woman.

Your natural ovulation day has no relevance when undergoing IVF, as natural ovulation is inhibited by medications and doesn’t occur. Keeping this is mind, there is no chance for you to have fallen pregnant naturally after egg collection for this reason.

I suggest that you have a look at the following post to get more info about how the IVF process work: In vitro fertilization.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

11/02/2017 at 10:14 am
    • Dear Sandra,
      Thank you very much for your kind reply. Indeed,I had my period on the 1st of Nowember.As I said in my previous email, my menstrual cycle was always between 32-35 days except this very last one after IVF.I had my last period on the 25th day of the cycle.Do you think my ovulation day is also changed?To predict my ovulation days should I consider my last cycle lenght?Thanks once more.

11/12/2017 at 7:02 am
Leave a reply