Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
How to prepare myself for frozen embryo transfer

How to prepare myself for frozen embryo transfer

1. laurence
    laurence

I am new to this forum and found it very helpful from the day I joined it. I get so much information from other people’s questions and detailed answers that they get both from experts and other mommies or mommies to be. Today I want to share my problem and looking for advice. I am expecting my embryo transfer in a couple of days. I want other IVF patients to help me and advise me. What should I do to increase my chances of successful implantation? What care and precautions should I take before and after embryo transfer? I have been waiting for this moment for a long time and I don’t want to miss my chance. I have been living an infertile life for almost 5 years. Kindly advise me, as I don’t want to miss my chance.

01/13/2018 at 10:04 pm
  2. Dear laurence,

First of all, it’s important to clarify that, in IVF, embryo implantation occurs 6 o 10 days after the egg retrieval procedure, that is to say, about 5 days after embryo transfer.

The chances for embryo implantation depend mainly on two aspects: embryo quality and endometrial receptivity. Most cases of embryo implantation failure are due to the presence of chromosomal abnormalities in the embryo, something that increases as the woman ages.

My advice now is that you relax and trust your doctor. Talk to him or her about estrogen and progesterone supplementation, for instance. Carefully managed supplementation of these hormones can help prepare and maintain the lining of the uterus in order to create the perfect environment for the embryo to be able to attach.

After the embryo transfer, just relax and take it easy, abstaining from vigorous exercise and of course avoiding stressful situations as well as extremes of temperature.

I hope this helps,

Best regards

01/15/2018 at 9:00 am
  3. Here’s the outline.
    Before ER:
    After 8 p.m. on the night before the procedure, you must refrain from eating or drinking until after the procedure. You should not wear any jewelry or contact lenses to the procedure. Male partners will be asked to provide a semen sample to be used during the IVF procedure.
    During ER:
    Most of the time, eggs are retrieved via transvaginal ultrasound. During this procedure, an ultrasound probe is inserted into the vagina, which allows the doctor to see the follicles in the ovaries. Then, a thin needle attached to a catheter is inserted through the ultrasound guide and to the ovaries. The follicles are aspirated one by one through a small suction device, and multiple follicles can be retrieved. The procedure is performed under sedation and pain medication.
    After ER:
    You may feel some side effects of the procedure and the sedation for the first few days after the procedure. Common side effects include: Discomfort, which should be managed with Tylenol or a prescription medication. Nausea, which can be treated with ginger ale and crackers. Dizziness. Feelings of cramps, fullness, or pressure in the pelvic area. Again you MIGHT only feel any of them.
    Hope this helps. All the best with your ET!!

06/24/2018 at 12:48 pm
  4. Just dropped in to ask for the updates. Dear laurence, how are you doing now? How did your ET passed? Did any of the tips help you? What’s the outcome?? Hope you’ve already been listed on the officially prego =) Please let us know.

10/12/2018 at 10:47 am
Leave a reply