Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Reasons for really elevated hCG levels

Reasons for really elevated hCG levels

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">L Kenworthy</span>
    L Kenworthy

Hello, According to my last period, I’m now 7 weeks pregnant. My first beta hCG test was around 22,000. Dr indicated that it was too elevated, but I don’t understand what does it mean. Later, I did another test on Feb, 2nd and the result was around 42,000. Then, I did a transvaginal ultrasound and I could see what it seemed a small spot, but he said there was no activity there. As I’m bleeding, he said unluckily I may not carry the pregnancy to term… However, pregnancy tests kept on showing higher results each time, just before going for my ultrasound.

02/10/2016 at 8:15 am
  2. Dear L Kenworthy,

the truth is, the hCG levels you are indicating here are quite high. Besides, if they are still rising, I find it strange that your physician told you that probably you won’t be able to carry the pregnancy to term, as rising hCG levels are a clear indicator that your pregnancy is evolving.

Be it as it may, my advice is that you continue to check how the development of this hormone, paying special attention to the results obtained through transvaginal ultrasounds.

Best wishes!

02/18/2016 at 12:44 pm
Leave a reply