Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Recovery and periods after ovarian drilling

Recovery and periods after ovarian drilling

1. Neharika
    Neharika

Hello mam,

I wanna ask u something that has driven me crazy.
    My follicles were not increasing in size so doctor asked me to do some test and found that I have PCOS.
    Twice I tried taking clomiphene dose but both times it had no effects on egg and it increased my period flow which was heavy and more than 7 days. Doctor suggested me to do ovarian drilling. So I followed his advice and did my ovarian drilling on 2 sep 2017. After drilling I got my first period on 28 sep and today is 6 oct and i’m still bleeding. This is a very long period and heavy too.

So my question is if it is normal to have been bleeding for such a long time after doing ovarian drilling. I will go for a scan next week. But I’m a little worried about this. What to do and how to manage problems like this?

Thanks. I am waiting for your reply.

10/06/2017 at 10:25 am
  2. Dear Neharika,

In principle, you should be having your periods as you’ve been having to date. With an ultrasound scan, your doctor will be able to tell you whether that strange menstrual period you experienced is a one-time event or a side effect of ovarian drilling.

I hope this helps,

Best

10/16/2017 at 4:01 pm
    • Hello mam,

Result after drilling is very confusing.Doctor has done my scan after 15 days of my period to check for follicles. But these are of very small size and not incresing. Still I m having little bleeding and today is 20 th day of my period.

Doctor told me to wait for this month may be my uterus is not cleared properly. Is there any problem related to this issue?
      What’s your opinion mam.pls tell me . Thanks

10/17/2017 at 2:24 pm
  3. Very much confused, anybody experienced please help me.

I got my last periods on june’10 2018. since my LH valve keeps on increasing, doctor suggest me Laparoscopy (Ovarian drilling).
    So i done my Laparoscopy on june’20 2018.

On july’6 and 7 very few drops of brown discharge (max 2 drops). Any problem with brown discharge?
    When will i get my regular periods ?

Guys please help me.

07/11/2018 at 7:31 am
Leave a reply