Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Semen analysis shows 80 percent abnormal sperm

Semen analysis shows 80 percent abnormal sperm

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Vicky Shell</span>
    Vicky Shell

Hello Doctor, my husband has 80 percent abnormal sperm, especially of their head. Do you know if I get pregnant my baby will have any kind of chromosomal abnormality or genetic disorder? Pls, I’m very worried. Thanks for you help

04/10/2016 at 8:39 am
  2. Dear Vicky,

there is no direct relationship between sperm malformations and your baby being born with birth defects. Sperm alterations may hinder your chances of achieving pregnancy, but fetal malformations depend on the genetics of the biological parents.

There is always the possibility that a combination between both of them causes the development of a genetic or chromosomal disorder. Unluckily, the number of possible combinations is too long, and yes, some of they may lead to a genetic disorder.

But the good news is that 80% of sperm with head abnormalities is not a too high figure. According to the WHO, from 4% of normal sperm onwards, a man is within the normal values. Besides, keep in mind that ultrasound monitoring during pregnancy are used precisely for the detection of this kind of alterations in the baby-to-be.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

04/12/2016 at 5:44 pm
  3. Hello, i also need help for my friend. her husband has been diagnosed with relatively low sperm count. she was advised to take the natural route by making him eat foods rich in zinc. the types of foods that were recommended by doctors seemed to point he lacks certain vitamins or zinc.
    is there a direct medical method to remedy this condition? the reason why I am asking this is because she has been on these diets for the past six months and the diagnosis on each test still point a grim picture. are there any chances of him getting her pregnant?
    will it be advisable to try other strategies like IVF or surrogacy if the dieting fails?? please advice.

07/09/2017 at 10:49 am
  4. Male infertility problem is very common problem in this busy schedule life. There are lots of reasons of male infertility problem. There is time when woman is considered infertile but this is medical era, there are available various tests that simply clearly indicate that man also infertile. I can understand your problem very easily because I also face this male infertility problem in my life. I am feeling lucky to help you to solve your problem on behalf of my experience in male infertility problem. We are trying to conceive for 3 year but always failed when we tested or medical report it is clearly indicate that my husband has a low sperm count. It is our strong will and strong bonding between each other to understand easily and defeat male infertility problem professionally. Now we are enjoying healthy baby gift with endless joy in life. I hope you got valuable information to defeat male infertility problem easily.
    You should understand importance of Healthy lifestyle. You can enhance sperm count with Healthy lifestyle. You start with easy exercise that not only provide immunity and stamina but also provide enough energy to your body to play extra curriculum activity to enhance libido. The next important thing that you should keep in mind is balanced diet it is very necessary to consume all nutrition with exact amount that is necessary to do well working for your reproduction system. You should consume hot milk with sugar to increase sperm count within two and three month. I hope you get good news by following these effective methods very strictly to bring brightness in your life.

08/10/2017 at 12:46 pm
Leave a reply