Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Shared motherhood in London- Clinic recommendations

Shared motherhood in London- Clinic recommendations

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">anne</span>
    anne

Good morning everyone,

my partner and I are interested in becoming mothers as soon as things are back to normal. We live in London and currently looking up the different fertility clinics. We don’t know which clinic is best- any recommendations? Many of them are private. We would like to explore the option to get NHS-funded fertility treatment. Any information on this matter would be highly appreciated.

04/02/2020 at 9:00 am
  2. Hi Anne!

We did our reciprocal IVF treatment at the London women’s clinic Harley Street… It was a complex process and quite overwhelming physically and emotionally but the professionals put you at ease, and they always lend you an ear if you have any questions. It took us two rounds before I was able to get pregnant.
    Feel free to ask me.

04/18/2020 at 7:54 am
  3. Hi Anne,

I got my IVF via NHS. I suggest you talk first to your GP if you’re eligible for NHS. Keep in mind that you must be under 43 among other things. However, it was not reciprocal IVF in my case. How that specifically works with NHS, I don’t know. But I’m sure it would be possible to get it, though.

04/25/2020 at 6:05 pm
  4. Good morning Anne,

first- it is still unfortunately not possible for lesbian couples to get an NHS-founded fertility treatment. So, you’d have to go to a private fertility clinic and pay the IVF procedure yourself. There are sometimes financing options for fertility treatments, though. Just ask the staff at the clinic you are interested in.

Have a look at our clinic directory for an overview about fertility clinics in London.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes

04/27/2020 at 8:15 am
  5. I’m in a same sex relationship, too. We tried with DIY donor insemination but it didn’t work out. Now my girlfriend and I look in to different options. Which options apart from insemination are available? What is this reciprocal IVF you guys are talking about?

04/27/2020 at 9:08 am
    • Hi now or never,

as lesbian couples you have the possibility of getting mother by artificial insemination by donor sperm. In cases of severe infertility or if both of you want to participate in the conception, you have the option of shared motherhood or reciprocal ivf in which one woman undergoes ovum pick-up for egg collection while the other woman has the embryo transferred into her uterus lining and is therefore the one carrying the pregnancy to term.

Read more about fertility treatments for lesbian couples here: Baby Options for Lesbian Couples.

In the meantime, this fertility report helps you figure out which fertility treatment would be best in your case.

Hope this helps you,

wish you all the best

04/27/2020 at 9:15 am
Leave a reply