Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Side effects of missing birth control pills

Side effects of missing birth control pills

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">angie hammonds</span>
    angie hammonds

Hello, this is my story. I forgot taking the contraceptive pill on the 3rd week (week No. 18th) and as if this were not enough I had unprotected sex a few days later… In general, my period starts on Wednesdays, usually on day 25 monthly. At first it always shows up with a brown discharge and it turns into a the typical red bleeding by next day. The thing is, this time it didn’t turn red, but acquired a sort of pinkish color, and it was more like a clot than actual blood. On day 2 it was more of the usual bleeding I experience during periods, but it wasn’t too heavy, so that you can get an idea I only used a single sanitary napkin in a day.

As I was freaking out, I did a HPT 8 days before this, but the result was negative…

12 days later, I repeated the test, but still negative. Today (next day after my last HPT), my nipples are turning purple, acquiring an almost bruised color, especially my right nipple. Am I pregnant? Or could it be worse than that? Should I test for pregnancy one more time?

02/12/2016 at 6:07 pm
  2. Hello angie,

The most probable is that the fluctuations you are experiencing in relation to your menstrual cycle are due to the fact that you missed your contraceptive pill.

Chances for you to be pregnant are very low, because, firstly, your period showed up when expected, despite being lighter this time; secondly, the 2nd pregnancy test you took 12 days after your period was negative. In your case, the 1st pregnant test you took is not an accurate indicator because it was still too early for the hCG hormone as to be detectable.

From my point of view, I don’t think it is necessary that you repeat the pregnancy test, since as I said earlier, the most probable is that you are not pregnant. However, you can take another one if you with to, for your own peace of mind. Moreover, my advice is that you visit your physician in order to have your nipples checked.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

02/18/2016 at 3:06 pm
Leave a reply