Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Success rate for frozen eggs

Success rate for frozen eggs

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">maggie</span>
    maggie

I’m thinking of freezing my own eggs to have the chance to become a mother in the future, because currently I’m not planning on being on motherhood but I’ve no doubt I want to be a mother some day. What I want to know is whether I’ll have the same chances to get pregnant using frozen eggs than if I use fresh eggs. I would like the treatment to be a success at first attempt as if it was performed with fresh eggs. Is it possible? Thanks.

09/21/2015 at 6:16 pm
  2. Hello,

Egg freezing is a highly accurate method. So you have an idea, success rates of fertility treatments using frozen eggs are almost equal to those reached using fresh eggs. Obviously, if you freeze your eggs now, their quality will remain the same in a few years, when the time comes. In that moment, the frozen eggs will be thawed and will be used for performing IVF treatments. Remember: your chances of getting pregnant will be the same as if you start now an IVF cycle using fresh eggs.

Wishing you all the best!

09/21/2015 at 7:21 pm
  3. Really awesome option, I only wish it was developed 10 years ago.
    I look at young but maturing starlets like Kim Kardashian and wonder if she realizes she is past her fertility peak? I’m sure the answer is no. This is not discussed in the open enough. Women often are so naive about fertility and age. What a shame..I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard women say they thought they could get pregnant as long as they still had a period and were not menopausal. I thought the same thing. Why is that? Nor am I uneducated..Why do we women not know this? We are always told our career comes first, get your degree. Establish your position. Get that promotion. Babies can wait, society tells us. Birth control is readily available and encouraged by our medical field professionals. Our Dr’s have no problem asking us “what are you using for birth control”. I have never in my life heard the question “when do you plan to start having babies!” Hopefully with this new advancement, they might start asking about our desires for children and inform us about aging fertility and the options we have.But I’m not holding my breath! Thanks for the great discussion though!!

01/23/2019 at 11:57 am
Leave a reply