Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Symptoms after at home insemination with donor sperm

Symptoms after at home insemination with donor sperm

1. Milly
    Milly

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this site and also new to the TTC lingo world. I’m feeling a bit anxious and unfortunately I don’t have anyone to talk to or relate to as I am on my journey to conceive a child with my loving wife. We recently inseminated with donor sperm on July 8th and I am now DPO10 and today I am feeling extremely tired and falling asleep a lot and that’s not normal for me. I also have been having menstrual like cramps, more so on the left side which are my usual menstrual cramps but I have been feeling a few abdominal cramps here and there for the past week. I made the mistake of testing for pregnancy the last few days just because I am excited and anxious to know and of course I’ve been getting negatives lol. My boobs do feel a bit sore but nothing to be concerned about because my breast usually hurt or are sore when I’m supposed to get my period. I did feel extremely nauseous and threw up all day on DPO6 and I was reading that normally DPO6 or DPO7 is usually when the embryo plants itself to the uterine wall.

What are some of the symptoms any of you ladies have felt after having an at home insemination? This is so crazy but I just feel pregnant and I know it could very well be phantom pregnancy symptoms. I’m supposed to have my period sometime by next Wednesday so should I just wait to retest again?

07/19/2017 at 1:28 am
  2. I also wanted to say that this week has been very tiring for me. I do feel nauseous a lot and I have been using the restroom all day today! I normally have to use the restroom quite a bit because I have a weak bladder but today feels like I’ve had to go every hour!!! Someone please tell me you’ve felt the same symptoms and ended up being pregnant LOL!!!! Thank you for your time and energy ladies!!

07/19/2017 at 1:36 am
    • Dear Milly,

The symptoms you’ve just described could be pregnancy symptoms, yes. But they could be related to the medications you’ve been taking as well, so my advice is that you do not become obsessed with feeling pregnancy symptoms. The truth is, not every woman gets pregnancy symptoms, or at least not the whole set of the “typical” ones such as nausea, vomiting, etc. The only way you can confirm whether it is actually a pregnancy or not is by taking a pregnancy test on your due date – so that you get an accurate result, otherwise one can get a false BFN.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

08/01/2017 at 8:09 am
  3. Hi Milly,
    First, let me congratulate you, you are on the way to becoming a mother. You have outlined some of the symptoms that help mothers detect that they are pregnant even before their menstrual date. In fact, the symptoms can be detected in the first week of pregnancy. Tender and swollen breast are the earliest symptoms. Let me explain. You see, during the first two weeks after conception, there are hormonal changes that make the breasts tingly or become fuller. Also, the expectant mother will become tired and fatigue. The level of progesterone soars up, and this makes the mother feel very sleepy.
    The presence of cramps and virginal bleeding which results from implantation is also a symptom of pregnancy. Abdominal cramping which you have complained about is also one of the symptoms of pregnancy. So as far as I am concerned, you are pregnant.

07/31/2017 at 4:30 pm
Leave a reply