Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Tips for conceiving with fibroids

Tips for conceiving with fibroids

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">LauraMarley</span>
    LauraMarley

Hello dr. I’m 41 and currently ttc… but now we have a new obstacle (as if age wasn’t a huge one already!) that is called uterine fibroids… dr says they are 7 mm, 4 mm and 2 mm, but i have more spread inside my womb as dr explained… i already been through ivf but it failed as expected… i’ve visited other fertility clinics to get a second diagnosis but every physician tells me that i should have them removed but at the same time my womb would be damaged, so i honestly don’t know what to do because im starting to see my dream of having a baby falling into pieces… what do you think? should i continue trying or giving up¿ i’m in a mess and just want your professional opinion. thank you!

07/04/2017 at 5:57 pm
  2. Dear LauraMarley,

This is a rather complicated situation. Depending on the medical criteria followed, doctors can give you different guidelines on what to do. Your fibroids are not too large, although severity in this case is dependent on their location; keeping this in mind, they might decrease your chances of becoming pregnant to a larger or lesser extent.

As for IVF failure, we cannot tell for sure whether it failed due to uterine fibroids. There is the possibility that they complicated the implantation of the embryo, but it could also have failed due to poor-embryo quality or because your endometrial lining was not in the optimal conditions for implantation. Many factors may have had an influence, but as I said we cannot tell now.

It is true that, taking into account your age, there’s no time to waste, and just a few months could make the difference. If you undergo surgery, you can get started with another IVF cycle as soon as you recover from it. My advice is that you choose the fertility clinic that you find more comfortable with and gives you confidence. Above all, you have to follow the recommendations and instructions given by your doctor.

FYI, normally, uterine fibroids do not hinder a woman’s chances of conceiving, but as I explained above, it varies on a case by case basis. My advice is that you share all your concerns with your OB/GYN, and undergo regular monitoring to make sure your fibroids do not continue to grow. It is normal that you are afraid now, but stress is not very helpful in these situations, so my advice is that you stay calm above all.

Visit the following post to learn more: Guide to uterine fibroids.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

07/05/2017 at 12:39 pm
  3. Hello, Laura. what a harmful feeling. But don’t give up until your dream come out. I can help you with some tips. Using an Ovulation prediction kit or something as basic as a thermometer and calendar, you can easily find out your pattern of most fertile days of the month. you need to eliminate all foods that could cause a delay in conception and maintain a healthy diet. Increase your intake of vitamins and minerals. Eat foods that are rich in folic acid like greens and broccoli. Be in the Correct Weight Zone. Stopping smoking is an important step towards conceiving.

09/25/2017 at 12:28 pm
Leave a reply