Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Tips on how to deal with the emotional rollercoaster of IVF

Tips on how to deal with the emotional rollercoaster of IVF

1. Jenniekorn
    Jenniekorn

Hi, I wanted to share some really helpful tips in case if anyone of you are going to have surrogacy. Well, IVF as a complete process is such a difficult and complicated duration of your life that you just can’t let go of the stress. One of the stresses is the financial investment and the doubt if pregnancy does not occur. The chances for getting pregnant are same as conceived through the natural methods. All the couples deal with varying type of anxiety, related to guilt of not having a baby. The feeling of disappointment kicks in many times. I will guide you to manage stress if you adopt some of the following habits in your lifestyle. The best ways to deal with any kind of emotional and physical stress is the adoption of relaxation techniques in your daily routine such as breathing practices, yoga, meditation and some body massages. This actually releases stress hormones from the body. Another approach is the initiation of a hobby that you actually enjoy. The most vital tip is to keep the communication level between you and your husband as close as possible. It is a hard phase for couples so couples counseling does miracles in this case.The most important thing is to educate yourself and your partner about the whole surrogacy procedure. Financial decision making can help the couples minimize the disappointment which might occur.

01/20/2018 at 5:30 am
  2. Hello jenniekorn,

Thanks for creating this topic! The following thread may be interesting too: How can I be supportive for someone who’s going through IVF treatment?

I hope this helps,

See you soon

01/23/2018 at 1:48 pm
  3. Hello,

That’s the great tips you have given.

In this IVF process, the couple should be calm, patient and positive about the treatment.
    One can go for meditation and breathing exercises.

01/29/2018 at 11:46 am
  4. Thanks for the tips. It’s dreadfully hard to overcome all the pressures during ivf. I’ve already passed 2 unsuccessful cycles with oe. And each time was a rollercoaster. I find 2ww to be the worst . This is because of continuous waiting and complete disability to relax. Meditation did help.

03/07/2018 at 12:53 pm
  5. Hello there. I totally agree with all the things you mentioned. Keeping your stress level low is extremely important. Yoga and meditation help most of the time. The support from family and friends does wonders too. Another way to minimize stress would be to opt for clinics that offer greater success rates. When there is a greater assurance the stress automatically is less. Similarly getting treatment from a place that is less costly will get rid of the financial tensions for you too.

03/22/2018 at 7:20 pm
  6. thanks to you jenniekorn. you did an amazing job. your post will help a lot of other people. I am sure so many people here are hopeless about their babies. stress is the main cause that still keeps women infertile. if someone really needs to fight against stress, she must follow your tips. during IVF process, it is very important to have a supportive partner. if your husband is not giving the positive
    response you can’t bear a surrogated child. keep yourself calm and positive during the whole process.

03/22/2018 at 9:15 pm
  7. I must say! A very good post. This journey is actually an emotional rollercoaster.
    I have so many discussions where women are being through so many emotions of failure and success.
    But I must say this is a worth living journey. This is the journey where you know the worth. You know the reason for what you are struggling with.
    You don’t want to feel anymore that infertility world. You want your own baby. And this actually requires you to be emotional, physically and financially strong.
    This process takes much of your time and money.
    So it is the most important thing. That you must not make any step in hurry. You must spend your money, emotions and time where it’s worth spending.
    Take your time. Look for best clinics, best treatments and then make any decision.

03/24/2018 at 4:05 pm
  8. Hey dear! It’s worth reading this topic. Thanks a lot for sharing it will really help many. I agree with you, support from your family and friends is a miracle. The successful stories of others help you a lot in keeping yourself relaxed. Assurance and support helps anyone to keep themselves happy and relaxed. Although it’s difficult to keep yourself relaxed while any serious event but words and advices will at least worth taking.

03/24/2018 at 6:28 pm
  9. For those who are currently going through IVF i just wanted to give a couple of tips:
    number one is to remember is that you have very little control over the outcome and by making yourself sick thinking about it throughout the process is not going to help the process; however, it is is of course easier said then done. I almost drove myself crazy all three times i went through IVF and i know how hard it is to calm yourself down and know that there is not much you can do to change the outcome. But i am here to say that the third time was a charm for us and i know it will work for those who are willing to stay focused and believe that they are meant to be parents. i also wanted to let you know that if you stress out during the process, please be forgiving to yourself and don’t worry, it is not going to negatively effect the outcome. You are still going to be ok if you cry during the process or think negative thoughts-i hope you don’t, but i am here to tell you that no of it is going to change the outcome-unless you go overboard with emotions. i hope this helps. keeping yourself busy and getting out of the house for walks or for dinners with friends and family is very helpful. just try to live your life as it was before the process started.
    i know a lot of people try to get information on symptoms for positive outcome and i wanted to give you some tips of what to expect during the 2 week waiting period.
    i would say that cramping is a good sign-some sharp pain on the sides is also a good sign. tiredness and drinking a lot of water is another sign. i also noticed that foods that i used to like such as chocolate and coffee, i stopped liking. I also noticed cold like symptoms in the morning-running nose and some mild headaches and shortness of breath was also a sign for me-it was different this time around. My breasts were also sore and that continued during the pregnancy. i was also bloated and constipated the first week and then constipation went away and my bathroom visits became very regular and normal and the bloating stayed and became a baby bump.

05/18/2018 at 8:39 am
  10. I’m here to add. Your own health can actually influence whether IVF works or not. ‘Cause of how fertility, sperm and egg quality is affected by your lifestyle choices. So you’d better take practical steps before IVF. You should reduce or gain weight, overhaul your lifestyle and get yourself fertility fit for your best chance of IVF. While evaluating success rates within clinics you may see comparison tables. Don’t rely on these as an indicator of your likely success. IVF is a highly individualised process. It has lots of unique factors involved in every cycle. IVF can be physically and emotionally draining on you and your partner. Make sure you take the time to talk through ‘what ifs’ before you start the process. By tackling potential issues at the beginning, you can save yourselves a lot of stress during the journey later. Also many couples now have to deal with the financial impact. They have to opt for private treatment due to NHS cuts. If funding private IVF and the possibility of needing more than one cycle is causing you a lot of anxiety, you may wish to explore pre-paid funding plans. There are many good options avaliable. You should be attantive with those and choose the most appropriate one for you.

08/15/2018 at 12:38 pm
Leave a reply