Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Waiting for my surrogate baby… Share your surrogacy stories

Waiting for my surrogate baby… Share your surrogacy stories

1. lamou243881
    lamou243881

Hello, girls, how do you do?
    To begin with I’m waiting for my child. After many doubts we’ve made this. My husband and I live in Sweden, Stockholm. We are the usual average statistical pair and we had a problem as you have girls. I want to share with you and show how you can solve it. We’ve been trying to conceive for 5 yrs and nothing helped us. Our country has a very high level and great demands. Because of this surrogacy is forbidden, donation is full of requirements. So, we’ve been traveling abroad a lot to understand what to do or just change the climate. Girls, keep calm and you’ll choose your right way. Now I’m waiting for my baby from surrogate. Let’s communicate and I’ll tell my story.

06/26/2017 at 2:07 pm
  2. Dear Angela,

Thanks for sharing your story with us! I hope that everything goes delightfully and that you can share the news as soon as your baby is born!

Best wishes 🙂

06/27/2017 at 10:28 am
  3. Come on, girls. I’m full of emotions and I want to ask you some questions. In which cases may surrogate mother have a miscarriage? My husband is more nervous than me so how can I calm him down?

06/27/2017 at 1:44 pm
    • Hello again Angela,

First and foremost, a gestational carrier runs the risk of a miscarriage like any other pregnancy. If miscarriage occurs in the first 2-3 weeks of pregnancy, it is caused by the embryo not implanting correctly. In other cases, there is no embryo present at all and miscarriage occurs even earlier.

Miscarriage can also be a consequence of genetic abnormalities or irregularities. In the case of surrogacy, this cause is uncommon because candidates to become gestational carriers are pre-screened, including genetic and medical tests. Malformations or scarring of the uterus are also common causes of miscarriage in women in general, though rare in the case of surrogate pregnancies.

In conclusion, as I explained above, miscarriage is uncommon in surrogate pregnancies. Nevertheless, intended parents should be emotionally prepared for any unexpected event that may occur, and should have addressed what to do in case of miscarriage in the surrogacy agreement.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

06/27/2017 at 2:00 pm
  4. Hello! I also faced the surrogacy 3 years ago. I was 32 years old and I couldn’t get pregnant for 6 years. I was afraid that my husband could leave me because of my infertility. But we did it. Now we have a 2 yrs old son. He looks exactly like my husband.
    It was a long year for us. We had to take a lot of tests and examinations. My eggs and my husband’s sperm were ok, so the doctors started the process of surrogacy. Our surrogate was really amazing. She was young and smart. She had an amazing 6 yrs old daughter. I saw her every time I visited them.
    In our contract we mentioned that I’m allowed to visit her once a week. To say truth, it was enough for me. I had a lot of work to do. As I had to move to another country I had to work on a distance. Actually, I keep working at home. We don’t want a nanny to stay with our baby. I want to do everything on my own.
    Our surrogate was under the doctors’ control. I had nothing to worry about.
    Our son was born exactly in time. By the way, the embryo transfer was successful from the first time. It is a great luck. I’ve heard that sometimes people need 2-6 tries to make the surrogate get pregnant. That’s why I really appreciate our medical center and our doctor. He did everything possible to realize our dream.

09/11/2017 at 7:29 pm
  5. Hello there. I am very happy but you could find a place where you could carry out your treatment. Most of the time when people make up their mind to go for surrogacy the main problem for them is to find a suitable place to get it done from. You have come over the bigger problems and now you should relax and sit back. Don’t be so worried about miscarriage because there is a very less chance that its gonna happen. Try to enjoy this time because it’s very precious.

02/05/2018 at 4:57 pm
    • Surrogacy process may be quite challenging. I read somewhere the troubles one French couple was having with surrogacy in Ukraine (Don’t remember the clinic’s name or it wasn’t mentioned). The problem is while Ukraine recognizes the couples who hire surrogates as the only lawful parents, France, for instance, bans surrogacy altogether. So here more things should be checked. Having a child through a surrogate in Ukraine costs between $30,000 and $45,000 for foreign parents -slightly less for Ukrainians. In the United States, where surrogacy is authorized in several states, prospective parents can expect to pay between $80,000 and $120,000 which is ovewhelmingly expensive. So it’s not surprising IP are choosing Ukraine more and more.

01/07/2020 at 5:04 pm
  6. My case differs. We opted for donor egg cycle overseas to conceive. I’m currently on the ”prego” list lol.
    I just dropped in to congratulate you on your surrogacy success. This is such wonderful news that your baby has arrived happy and healthy. May you find parenthood a breeze and be able to look back with fond memories. As new parents may you be filled with much joy and happiness from the moments spent with your little one. Wishing you and your family the best!

08/15/2018 at 3:07 pm
  7. Congratulations!
    Our SM is pregnant as well!
    We are happy IPs 🙂
    there is still a lot of waiting time ahead of us, but we are prepared for once. we have a lot of time to learn new parenting skills and buy all of the necessities for when the baby is home
    xx

05/03/2019 at 11:32 am
    • Thank you! I guess all mums find the first months caring for their baby a steep learning curve! Fortunately from the moment of birth your baby won’t do much more than sleep, cry, and feed. Meaning all you need to do– in theory– is provide food, cuddles, and somewhere safe and comfy for her to snooze! I wanted to have every other thing controlled from the first day. I want to experience everything with my LO via de ivf.. Parents might feel a bit alarmed by some aspects of their baby’s appearance. I mean, newborn babies heads are often a bit squashed by their journey down the birth canal…One should be prepared. Then in first hours and days, your baby’s eyes often appear as though they are squinting. Our nurse explained this is because newborns can’t yet control the muscles round their eyes. They also have sensitive skin. All this is so nice and touchy and responsible at the same time to keep an eye on the baby from the first moments. They are precious.

01/07/2020 at 5:08 pm
Leave a reply