Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
I want to get pregnant but the sperm comes out

I want to get pregnant but the sperm comes out

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Sil De La Vega</span>
    Sil De La Vega

Hey, I’m really worried… My boyfriend and I are getting married in 1 month but we’re trying for a baby already after years using condoms. Now we find that every time we have unprotected sex everything just leaks out and no semen remains inside of me… It’s our second month trying and I believe last month I didn’t get pregnant because of this… I’m not sure if any semen is going inside, can you help? Am I sterile? How can we avoid this? I try to stay in bed when we finish and fall sleep so that the semen remains inside of me all night but this does not seem to work (sperm leaks out the next day too)… How can we stop the sperm from falling out? Pls, help us.

01/14/2018 at 2:05 pm
  2. Dear Sil De La Vega,

Don’t worry, as this is totally normal. Semen leakage does not reduce your chances of getting pregnant at all. In fact, once the sperms are inside your body, they cannot get out again. Let me explain why.

When a man ejaculates inside of a woman, the semen is actually a result of sperm (2-5% of the total volume) and other liquids from the male reproductive system. So, by the time you notice that the “sperm” is falling out, actual spermatozoa contained in the semen have already entered your system and started their journey toward the egg.

See also:
    What’s the Function of a Sperm Cell?
    Sperm’s Journey to the Egg

The strongest and fastest sperm cell will be on its way to meeting the egg cell and fertilize it. Don’t forget that you need only one sperm to fertilize your egg. Men with a normal sperm count ejaculate about 20 million sperm in each ejaculation, so even if leakage occurs, there is still a large amount of spermatozoa “swimming” around inside your body.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

01/15/2018 at 11:26 am
  3. Hi there, I don’t see it’s really an issue. As you cannot notice sperms going in or coming out. Whatever amount of sperm is going into your body that should ideally be enough to fertilize your egg. It takes time for some couple to conceive. if things are not improving in few more months, see a good doctor. I wish you all the best.

02/05/2018 at 2:18 pm
  4. Hey there! Hope you’re doing good. Firstly, congratulations on your soon to be a wedding. One of the reasons may be that the sperm is unable to swim to combine with the egg. I would suggest that you first consult your doctor. However, the preferred treatment would be IUI. It is an artificial treatment that helps with the making of the embryo. The treatment basically places the sperm into the uterus. Also, it hasn’t been that long. As you have said that you only tried once, I would also suggest that you wait. One month is usually very small to figure out anything.It takes at least a year for couples to conceive. As you’ve tried it might take some time as well. Best of luck! Don’t be worried everything will be alright.

02/07/2018 at 6:20 pm
Leave a reply