Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
What if I am matched with a dumb, ugly egg donor?

What if I am matched with a dumb, ugly egg donor?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">JO CHURCHILL</span>
    JO CHURCHILL

Hello guys, this is serious stuff. I think this is the kind of question everybody here ask herself, but nobody has enough courage to ask out loud. What if I am assigned an ugly egg donor? I think this is important as well, because I wouldn’t like an ugly baby to be born from pretty parents, for example. Is there a recruitment process in which most ugly and/or dumb women are discarded? The donor-conceived baby will take after her, that’s why I think this is more important than what many may think…Johanna

02/27/2016 at 9:06 am
  2. Dear JO CHURCHILL,

Egg donors must met a series of very strict criteria in order to be eligible for egg donation. They are genetically screened to rule out potential the transmission of genetic diseases, as well as psychologically screened and required to undergo a series of hormone analysis, serologies, etc. However, by no means they are ruled out due to reasons related to physical appearance such as their degree of beauty.

Egg donation is an altruistic act of solidarity that allows many women achieve their dream of becoming mothers when they are unable to use their own eggs. What these patients desire the most is to have a healthy baby at home, regardless of how beautiful he/she is. Besides, given that genetics works randomly, there is no reason why your baby will take after his/her donor or develop her physical features.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

03/16/2016 at 5:06 pm
Leave a reply