Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Why are sperm donor agreements required?

Why are sperm donor agreements required?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">chubby chuck</span>
    chubby chuck

Hello! Last week I did my first donation as a sperm donor and I’m very excited as everything went wonderfully (I chose anonymous donation)! But I had to sign a sperm donor agreement and I don’t quite understand why, is it like I’m committing myself to something? I just want to donate my sperm and get the money, nothing else. No relationship with the parents, no relationship with the baby, no commitment to donate my sperm in the future at that clinic, etc. Is it somehow binding? Please, help… I think I’m regretting having signed it.

02/27/2016 at 11:01 am
  2. Hello chubby chuck,

you have to comprehend that the purpose of the sperm donor agreement is making sure that it the confidentiality of the whole sperm donation process is protected. Moreover, it is a way for fertility clinics to make sure that candidates are actually committed to donating their sperm in an altruistic, volunteer, and anonymous way.

As for your question, do not worry as it is not a binding agreement. For example, let’s imagine you move to another city or country today and you can’t continue to deliver semen samples. Nothing will happen, the contract will terminate automatically and your life will continue as always.

On the contrary, in countries where known sperm donation is allowed (e.g. the USA), it is used to preclude the parental rights of sperm donors over the donor-conceived child. It is very important to negotiate and agree on the terms of the donation process in writing agreement, as this way you are making it very unlikely that the parties involved will later disagree and bring the matter before a court.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

03/14/2016 at 1:31 pm
  3. It is a legal contract if signed by all parties involved and been notarized by a notary. Is it still legal even though is isn’t through a lawyer.

08/31/2017 at 12:16 pm
Leave a reply