Fertilab – Institut Català de Fertilitat, based in Barcelona, Catalonia, is one of the most advanced fertility clinics in Spain. Fertilab has international recognition thanks to its multidisciplinary team, wide variety of treatments available, and consistently high success rates.
At Fertilab, we like to call ourselves artisans of reproductive medicine, because what we do is our vocation, and that is why we are so passionate about what we do and so willing to help millions of families fulfill their dream of creating a family. For these reasons, we strive for excellence in every aspect derived from the process, individualizing each treatment on a case-by-case basis according to the medical needs and preferences of every single patient.
Why choose us?
- We have a pioneering Clinic, with over +20 years of cumulative experience.
- Unlike other clinics, at FERTILAB you will have the same gynecologist throughout the entire treatment. This is, from our point of view, the only way to create a relationship of trust with the patient, something that is not possible at larger centers where patient care is often depersonalized.
- We are artisans: each case, and each patient is unique. At Fertilab, we do not follow rigid protocols, but every single one focuses on the medical needs and preferences of each person.
- As a consequence, our success rates are the highest. 9 out of 10 patients choosing FERTILAB do achieve their purpose: to have a healthy baby at home.
- At Fertilab we have pioneered the use of the best technologies. We are the first clinic in Spain that uses EMBRYOSCOPE PLUS for embryo culture, which is without doubt the world’s best incubator nowadays.
- Fertilab (FERTILITY+LAB), unlike other clinics, was founded by a Biologist, and not by a gynecologist or a business person: Dr. Marta Antich. We follow the criteria that over 50% of a fertility treatment’s success is in the hands of the laboratory, along with having an in-deep knowledge on Reproductive Biology.
- Fertilab is a stand-alone clinic, and not a macro center or a franchise run by investor groups. This is essential to place medical and patient care criteria above other factors that have nothing to do with science and medicine, much less with the interests of our patients.
- FERTILAB has its own sperm and egg bank (FERTIBANK). This allows us to work with biological samples of higher quality, monitoring the whole process under strict criteria that has been accredited with the ISO9001 standards. Also, Fertibank is a supplier of the best clinics and hospitals, both public and private, located in Spain and Europe.
- All international patients will have a personal coordinator at their disposal from beginning to end.
Not every fertility clinic has gathered enough experience, is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, or follows the adequate protocols when it comes to assisting patients from other countries, or those who do not live in the city where the clinic is located.
This is the reason that led us to the creation of Fertilab International. Our purpose is to provide help to patients and couples from Europe with a common objective: becoming parents.
Even though the application of the fertility treatment per se has to be carried out at our facilities in Barcelona, a large part of the preliminary phase, and even of the stimulation protocol, can be done in the city or place of residence of the patient.
Throughout this time period, our patients will be in continuous contact with one of our gynecologists (manager-coordinator). At Fertilab International, we do believe that supporting the patient from day 1, building a relationship based on trust, and individualizing each case are key steps to succeed.
Betting on the best quality
At Fertilab International, we have created a special program for international patients, which includes a series of services and comforts, such as:
We help you organize your trip to Barcelona for the first visit
Planning the first visit to our clinic should not be an added concern for you. Our Coordinators will help you with the accommodation booking close to the clinic location.
International patients will have an interpreter at their disposal during every visit, consultation, and treatment to make it easier for them to understand every aspect related to the most appropriate fertility treatment in each case.
In-house sperm and egg banks
Fertilab has its own sperm and egg bank. This is of material importance, as our vertical integration allows us to ensure the maximum quality to our patients.
We have an in-house sperm and egg bank, which allows us to control ALL procedures. In other words, we don’t purchase sperm and eggs to third parties. This is our guarantee of quality and safety.
Same gynecologist during your treatment
All our patients have an exclusive, personal gynecologist that is responsible for supervising each phase of the treatment, including the first consultation. Also, they will have the same nurse from beginning to end.
Direct contact with the Biology team
Patients have the chance to know first-hand the work done by Fertilab’s embryology team, in addition to being able to visualize how embryos are cultured with Embryoscope Plus.
While the patient is preparing herself for the treatment, we monitor closely the whole process in coordination with the specialist in the patient’s country.
At Fertilab, we are more than ready to use every single assisted reproduction technique available nowadays: egg donation, sperm donation, embryo adoption, PGD… We will put into operation all our technological and scientific resources.
Healthcare Operating Authorization
Health Center approved by the Spanish Ministry of Health – License number (CNN): 0908001695