Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
2WW 13 days post blastocyst transfer

2WW 13 days post blastocyst transfer

1. babydust2018
    babydust2018

Hi there. I desperately need some advice please.
    I had my FET 12 days ago. We transferred 2 embbies 1x 3AA and 1x 1BB. Apart form the usual mild cramping and twinges (which stopped by day 4/5) I was OK until day 8. I experienced some period like cramps around midday and little light brown discharge (only when I wiped…sorry TMI). My cramps stopped, but on the evening of day 9 experienced a similar situation with little discharge on wiping. Since day 11 I’ve been experiencing mild to moderate period like cramps in the evenings and no discharge. Other than that, my days are fine and feel pretty normal. I test in 2 days….soooo anxious. What could it mean? Would implantation occur that late with blasts? Please advise.

03/07/2018 at 3:27 pm
  2. Dear sharlinnie,

These symptoms are normal after embryo transfer and may be related to embryo implantation, but may also be premenstrual syndrome symptoms. Have you already tested for pregnancy? You can now take a test and get accurate results.

Read more: Symptoms After Embryo Transfer – Most Common Positive Signs.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes!

03/08/2018 at 9:13 am
  3. Hi Sandra..thank you for your response

I have not yet tested…Im tooo anxious. My blood test is tomorrow..Crossing fingers, toes and everything that can be Xed.

I was wondering if implantation bleed/discharge can occur as late as day 8/9 in the case of a blast transfer?

Also, have you come across cases where patients feel pretty “normal” and still get a BFP?

03/08/2018 at 3:16 pm
    • Hello sharlinnie,

Yes, in fact, it is not until day 10 when you should expect implantation symptoms, if any, after a blastocyst transfer. So don’t worry about that. As for having no symptoms, it is also perfectly normal. Not having symptoms doesn’t mean anything. I mean, some women who get a BFP don’t have symptoms, while sometimes women who get a BFN get plenty of symptoms. Each woman is different.

I hope this helps,

Best

03/08/2018 at 3:56 pm
    • Hi Sandra,

Just saw your reply to this lady on her question. Do you mean implantation symptoms only starts 10 days past a 5 Days transfer or do you mean 10 Days past Ovulation – DPO (which means it’s 5DP5DT; 5 Days past 5 days transfer)?

Appreciate if you can clarify. Many thanks.

10/09/2018 at 1:16 pm
    • Hello,

I meant 10 days past a 5 day embryo transfer.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards

10/11/2018 at 1:53 pm
    • Hey there! I’m not sure thouth the exact day. but seems my pinkish spotting started around day 5 after 5day transfer. It lasted for a couple of hours. Then ended with a brown spot, one only. Then this all stopped. I guess those terms are somewhat individual. everyone’s body is different. My nurse at biotex keeps on saying what is good for one doesn’t mean it’s good for others. And vice versa. So here the best adviser is your dr surely. I know this post was a couple of mons ago. Small amounts of spotting can be fairly innocent. But as I’ve suggested before tell your GP about it just in case. A progesterone test is also easy to do and never goes astray. I really hope you’re well an healthy now. All the best.

10/12/2018 at 10:12 am
Leave a reply