6+ years of TTC, over 10 IVFs and 6 IUIs

1. avatar
    BHKA

Hello Doctor, I’m from NYC and currently so devastated because as you can read in the title my hubby and I have been TTC for over 6 years, with more than 10 failed IVFs and 6 IUIs, all of them unsuccessful… We don’t know what to do as I’m tired of trying with no results. What is your advice on this?

Thank you very much,

Regards

04/07/2016 at 6:04 pm
  2. avatar
    Sandra F.
    Fertility Counselor

Dear BHKA,

I’m so sorry… But the good news is that you’ve got more options. My advice in your case is that you ask your doctor for further tests to check for the cause behind this. What about your partner’s semen sample, if any?

Ask your GYN/OB about it, but probably you should consider moving to surrogacy or at least egg donation, since after that many IVF and IUI cycles your body has been through too much stimulation.

Nevertheless, ask your doctor for detailed information, as he/she is the one who best knows what your case is.

Best of luck!

04/08/2016 at 9:20 am
  3. avatar
    Anjali Stha

Hello! I am really sorry that you have been ttc for six years but still failed. I know the feeling because I am also the one facing the same problem and couldn’t find the solution. I hope one day we both will have baby and will be wonderful mother. Just be positive and don’t lose hope.

10/02/2017 at 9:12 am
  4. avatar
    klair

dear BHk, there is nothing as heart-wrenching as this news that all your tries and tensions are being unsuccessful and you might not be able to father or mother a child anytime soon.Life gives you hard time but we must get up with full strength and never look back just look at the front for the options of getting a baby.I am myself of the same lot.I have gotten done many IVF before but no result, due to that i took a lot of tensions and couldn’t bear the thought of not getting pregnant again and again…..You should have stopped at the very start having 10 tries of IVF is more than enough and after those unsuccessful trials, your doctor must have advised you to look for more options or gave you some new options himself.Well, worry not I am here to help one of my friends tried surrogacy and look how happy she is. Don’t worry dear, look into this option a little. Dig a little deeper.

02/08/2018 at 4:35 pm
Cookies allow us to show customized advertising and collect statistical data. By continuing to use our website, you are agreeing to our cookies policy.