Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Adopting an embryo if husband has Y chromosome microdeletion

Adopting an embryo if husband has Y chromosome microdeletion

1. lullaby785
    lullaby785

Hello Doctor. My husband has been found to have Y chromosome microdeletion and we’re planning to have a baby… that’s why we’re considering adopting an embryo, as traditional adoption is too tiresome for us – too long till we’ve our baby in our hands – and I’ve been diagnosed with premature ovarian failure as well. So, will we be allowed to adopt an embryo taking our situation into account? Or this is not indicated for cases like ours?

06/25/2016 at 8:14 am
  2. Hello lullaby785,

Yes, common recipients of frozen human embryos are infertile partners as well as couples in which one of the partners is concerned about or at a high risk of passing a genetic disease to offspring. In your case, you will have no problem adopting an embryo if that’s your wish.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Regards

06/27/2016 at 3:49 pm
  3. And should I be concerned because of my age, as I’m 34 yo? Will I have the chance to give birth to a full-term baby or not? Thanks 4 your huge help Sandra 🙂

07/20/2016 at 12:04 pm
    • Hello again lullaby785,

The 30-34 age range is very common nowadays, and women who get pregnant at this stage of their lives have great chances of having a successful, healthy pregnancy. However, being a mom-to-be over 35 involves greater risks during pregnancy, such as:

– Ectopic pregnancy
      – Placenta previa
      – Premature birth
      – Low-birth weight baby

At 30-34 years of age, a woman’s chances of having a baby with Down’s syndrome are about 1 in 1,200.

In principle, there is no reason to be concerned.

Best regards

07/21/2016 at 9:52 am
Leave a reply