Becoming a GC after oocyte donation

1.  RICHELLE MEYER

Hello, I live in California and before having my adorable twin girls, I donated eggs. Now I’d like to be a gestational carrier to help a couple of friends become parents… I want them to be on the bundle of joy I’m currently with my 2 babies… Regardless, I’d like to know if doing this is possible, I mean donating eggs and then being a GC. Thx

May 29, 2016 at 6:30 pm
  2. Sandra F. Sandra F.
    Fertility counselor

Hello RICHELLE,

yes, not having donated eggs is not a pre-requisite for becoming a gestational carrier in Caifornia, so you’re free to do it. In general, women cannot be egg donors and surrogates at the same time, that is to say, undergoing traditional surrogacy – in which the surrogate is the genetic mother of the unborn child. However, you can become the gestational carrier of a baby conceived using the eggs and sperms from other persons – whether they are the intended parents or donors.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best regards

May 30, 2016 at 3:17 pm
  3. Hello richelle, just to let you know… I’m currently 10 weeks pregnant with a big, healthy surrobaby! I’m planning to do just the other way around… IF is happy and counting the days to see his little bean on an ultrasound scan again!! 😀

When I give birth to this little one, still have 2 embabies chilling together for after baby M is born!!! I’m seriously considering doing egg donation again, but not just once… I’d like to be a repetitive oocyte donor… God knows if it’ll be possible 🙂

June 20, 2016 at 5:10 pm
    • Sandra F. Sandra F.
      Fertility counselor

Hello BlackFlower and everyone interested,

If you are planning or considering becoming an egg donor in the USA, the following posts may be of interest:

Becoming an egg donor in the USA
      Requirements to become an egg donor in the USA

All the best!

June 20, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Other topics related to this forum Messages Updated
I want to donate my eggs for money 2 1 year, 5 months ago
Things to keep in mind regarding ads for egg donors 2 9 months, 1 week ago
Egg donation compensation rates in the USA 2 10 months, 2 weeks ago
How long does it take to be matched once you are in the donor program? 2 1 year, 4 months ago
What should we look for in a surrogate? 4 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Is it possible to undertake altruistic surrogacy in the USA? 2 9 months, 1 week ago
Not sure if I should choose a known egg donor… Things to keep in mind? 2 1 year, 1 month ago
What to do in the event of divorce of the intended parents 3 11 months, 1 week ago
Can I get pregnant during the egg donation process? 2 1 year, 5 months ago
Using family members as egg donors for surrogacy in California 2 1 year, 3 months ago