Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Can egg donation cause infertility?
Menu

Can egg donation cause infertility?

1. caroline35
    caroline35

Hello! Last week I accompanied a friend to her egg donor orientation meeting and the truth is I found it so interesting that now I’m considering becoming an egg donor, too. The funny thing about it is that my friend, who firstly was the one wishing to become a donor, has decided not to become an egg donor finally because she’s just found out that the medications that every donor must take are injected, and she’s has a kind of needle phobia or fear of shots… Conversely, needles do not pose a huge fear for me, and knowing that I can help others by donating my eggs plus getting money for that is quite attractive for me to be honest…why wouldn’t I do it? The only question that remains unanswered is the following: does egg donation affect future fertility? I mean, can you become infertile from egg donation? Please, let me know or else I won’t do this 🙁

10/27/2015 at 4:02 pm
  2. Dear caroline35,

The only possible answer to your question is NO; there is no link between the process of controlled ovarian stimulation (COS), egg retrieval (follicular puncture) and a diminished ovarian reserve. This means that neither of these processes may necessarily affect your menstrual cycles nor your ovarian reserve (egg production).

Hope I have clarified your concern,

Best wishes

10/28/2015 at 4:10 pm
Comments
You might also like
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.