Can I benefit from IVF to have a second child?

1. avatar
    Rose

Let me start by introducing myself. I am a mother of a boy of 8 years, and I have been in a marriage for 11 years. I conceived our only child two years after our marriage. Since then conceiving has proved to be difficult. We have visited several clinics, and the results showed that my husband is okay. Further tests revealed that I am not able to conceive because of scarred womb. Our doctor told me that the process could be reversed by treatment or surgery. We opted for treatment, and I was put on Serrapeptase therapy. I have been on this therapy for the past six months, and nothing seems to be working for us. Which is why I am seeking help from anyone who has experienced the same. I have also decided to go for In Vitro fertilization. I am reliably told that the procedure increases chances of conceiving. The problem is I have no idea where I can get this service either in Brazil or in any other country that offers it. Also, I would be happy if someone can explain to me the procedure, the requirements and how long it takes. Also, advise me on the average cost of the procedure.

07/31/2017 at 4:12 pm
  2. avatar
    Sandra F.
    Fertility Counselor

Dear Rose,

You have all the information you need about IVF in the following guides:

Guide to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
    Guide to infertility treatments: definitions and options available

I hope this helps,

Best

08/01/2017 at 8:23 am
      Rose

Hi Sandra.
      Let me appreciate you in a special way. I have scanned through the guide and I am sure it is the kind of information I was looking for. I really appreciate.

08/01/2017 at 10:52 am
      Sandra F.
      Fertility Counselor

You’re welcome!

Do not hesitate to ask should you have any further questions 😉

See you soon

08/01/2017 at 12:40 pm
  3. avatar
    melisa

Hi,

I have gone through IVF cycles. The first cycle didn’t work so I decided to go for the second. It’ve been through four cycles but I didn’t get the results that I am looking for.

I hope it works for you.

Love.

09/21/2017 at 6:48 am
      Rose Afandi

Hi, Melisa,
      I am really encouraged by what you are saying. Most ladies will give up when the second cycle fails to produce the expected results. I’m aware that it may not always work during the first or second cycle. That is why one must keep on trying. However, in my case, I think I must have the surgery first before I go through the process. I have read the content of links send to me by Sandra and I am convinced that going for IVF at this stage will just be a waste of time considering that I have a scarred womb. I have talked to my husband about it, and we are in agreement that I should first go for surgery aimed at correcting the scar before I give IVF a trial. I wish you had the time to read through the links pated above. You see, from the notes, I discovered that IVF works well when the fertility problem has everything to do with male infertility such as Cryptozoospermia, Asthenozoospermia, Teratozoospermia, and Oligozoospermia. It is also applicable when female infertility revolves around tubal factor infertility, cervical factor infertility, uterine factor infertility and endometriosis.

09/28/2017 at 9:28 am
  4. avatar
    Shayla khzym

Hi, Rose. I can feel with your problem. I have the same problem like you. 10 years ago, I was married from someone and he didn’t want me to be pregnant. So, I take contraceptive drugs, for 4 years. Then we separated and I stopped that drug. My period was irregular for 2 years. After that, I married from lovely husband and we want to have a baby. I still trying to conceive for 3 years but without result. I did more blood tests and I found that I had more problems. Now we think about IVF treatment we have to know where I can get the best service. Also, advise me on the average cost of the procedure. Any help will be appreciated.

09/25/2017 at 11:48 am
      Rose Afandi

Hi Shayla khzym
      Sorry to hear that you have been trying to TTC for three years without success. It really uplifts me because it tells me that I am not the only person facing the challenges. I am certain that if we put all our effort together, we shall overcome and become happy parents. Tell me, dear, you had said here that when you carried out the blood test, you realized that you had a bigger problem than what you had been made to believe. Tell me what problems you discovered. Sorry for asking this personal question. The idea is the more information we have about infertility, the more we are prepared to fight the dragon. As I mentioned in one of my posts, I discovered that IVF could not help me unless I had the womb scar removed. If I had not discovered that, I would have wasted my money and time on IVF. But I hope the problem has nothing to do with the ability of your womb to carry a child for nine months. All the same, I wish you well and I hope we shall share more information on IVF.

09/28/2017 at 9:40 am
Cookies allow us to show customized advertising and collect statistical data. By continuing to use our website, you are agreeing to our cookies policy.