Can I donate my eggs even though I have tattoos and piercings?

1. Sheila Perry
    Sheila Perry

Hello!

I’m 23 years old, and I’ve a passion for gothic fashion and art… I started becoming more and more interested in tattoos and piercings at an early age, when I was 16 years old. Then I did my first piercing and a year later my first tattoo… and one year later I found out I couldn’t stop doing this. Now I’ve got almost my whole body tattooed, but even though we gothic people are commonly thought to be drug-addicts or something, I don’t smoke, drink, or whatever you may think I do with my own body. I’m a healthy person, and besides I’m willing to help women unable to conceive, because I’m young. My question is, can I donate my eggs despite having tattoos and piercings? Or will I be disqualified because of this?

Thnx

12/01/2015 at 8:31 am
  2. Hello Sheila,

The answer is yes: potential donors with tattoos or piercings are still eligible. Nonetheless, due to risk of infectious disease transmission, when a woman receives a tattoo or body piercing, she must wait six months to one year to be able to undergo egg donation.

Hope this helps

12/14/2015 at 5:42 pm
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.