Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
I took the morning after pill and then had unprotected sex

I took the morning after pill and then had unprotected sex

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Kimberly Burk</span>
    Kimberly Burk

Hey… can I ask you something?

Well, on August, 7th I had sex with my boyfriend and he ejaculated inside of my vagina… I resorted to the morning after pill the following day but my period is still missing… what’s happening?

My menstrual period is regular… I have it every 28 days usually. According to my period tracker, it should have started on August, 17th.

Yeah, I know it’s only one day late but the thing is I engaged into sexual intercourse that day and he ejaculated inside me again…

OMG is there any chance I’m pregnant now???!!!

Help me, please!

08/19/2015 at 8:38 am
  2. Dear Kimberly,

The answer is yes, you may be pregnant. Emergency contraception like the morning after pill is 85% effective if taken with certain time limits, that is, pregnancy can be avoided if you take it within 72 hours (3 days) of unsafe sex. What does it mean? Well, it means that if you engage into sexual intercourse again a few days later, you are unprotected.

However, it is important to remember that the morning after pill contains high levels of two types of hormones, i.e. estrogen and progestin. This can cause your period to be delayed.

The problem here is that the alteration caused by emergency contraceptions hinders any possibility of calculating your ovulation cycle. That’s the reason why it is after taking the morning after pill when it is very important to have safe sex at least up until your menstruation is normal again.

My recommendation is as follows: if your period doesn’t start within a week, take a pregnancy test.

Best regards.

08/19/2015 at 8:50 am
  3. Hello friend, I am here for you to provide valuable information to overcome this horrible problem in your life. I am one of the lucky women who defeat this difficult situation in my life just one year ago. This is golden opportunity to help you overcome this horrible problem on behalf of my personal life experience. It is not easy task to handle this difficult situation without stress and depression. You can easily face this difficult situation with positive attitude in life. You need not panic about this horrible problem in your life. It is not good news that you are not aware about your health. You should not compromise with your health at any cost. You have to pay more in future with less care about your health. It is very important to understand your partner physical needs and emotion very well with proper safe and secure method that create win-win situation for you and your partner in many ways.
    It is very horrible to remember those days of my life that are full of sadness and emptiness due to my pregnancy possibility. It is right time to start your planning in medical way with pregnancy test on early morning urine. It is very important to maintain your body and mind in balance with powerful yoga and meditation to reduce its negative energy and provide full relaxation to handle this difficult situation in your life. You should live healthy lifestyle to understand your body signal in smart way to overcome all problems at early stage.

09/16/2017 at 10:57 am
  4. Someone pls help
    I had unprotected sex last week (I don’t remember the exact day, must be thursday or something) and we did the pull out method. My menstruation normally is on the first week of the month so I don’t know if I could get pregnant

10/14/2019 at 3:33 pm
Leave a reply