Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
How to conceive if my fallopian tubes are blocked

How to conceive if my fallopian tubes are blocked

1. monica12
    monica12

Hi all,

I have had this problem for sometime now. at the moment, i have no child and i seem desperate for one. my husband has been helpful and with that, he advised we see a doctor. the doctor diagnosed blocked Fallopian tube on my side while my husband was found to be healthy.. please help.

Desperate,

Anne.

02/17/2018 at 10:56 am
  2. Dear monica12,

When a woman has her Fallopian tubes blocked, the sperm cannot reach the egg, and therefore fertilization cannot take place. In other words, if the sperm never meets the egg, pregnancy will never happen.

The most obvious symptom of blocked Fallopian tubes is therefore anovulation (no egg is released monthly). Depending on the cause, one treatment may work better as others. Blocked Fallopian tubes may be caused for the following reasons: STD infection, uterine infection caused by an abortion or miscarriage, history of a ruptured appendix, history of abdominal surgery, ectopic pregnancy, surgery involving the tubes, and endometriosis.

The potential treatments for blocked Fallopian tubes are laparoscopic surgery and IVF when repair surgery doesn’t work. Talk with your doctor for further advice.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best

02/19/2018 at 10:47 am
  3. Hi Monica,

Don’t worry if you have blocked Fallopian tubes, still you can conceive by doing laparoscopic surgery and IVF treatment. IVF treatment in best option, just take appointment for IVF expert and start the treatment.
    Stay Positive and be healthy.

03/05/2018 at 10:22 am
    • Ours has been DE IVF fertility route. Our dr is a pleasant understanding woman highly respected at the place. We’ve read a lot they treat the toughest cases which is crusial. There are no age limits for their patients just the health ones. We saw all modern facilities, nothing out of date – which means nothing. They seem to invest big money into their clients’ comfort whilst undergoing treatments. Also we were amazed to see their all inclusive plans but for real. We read attentively the contract and felt free to ask for explanations. Our manager was great! We had no language barrier while talking with the stuff, surprisingly for no additional price! So on the date dh and I underwent the required tests. These were blood tests for both, pap smear and sperm count. Dr studied our medical records. She performed transvaginal ultrasound check and evaluated our chances. She made the decision that the program could be performed and authorized. We signed the agreements and made the first payment. Then dr explained us the treatment plan. She gave us the meds needed for the subsequent protocol – Their cost is covered by the package price, and soon we were free. We had the opportunity to go sightseeing with our ‘driver-guide’ lol who was also super! I hope this is the nice beginning of our journey. 

12/09/2019 at 9:20 am
    • On the whole, have only positive experience. A nice place to be in. People seem busy all the time. This is yet another another thing with this country -lol. If you’re told to wait for 10 mins it easily turns into half an hour -lol. Thankfully we’ve already been used to, so had nothing wrong with waiting longer with clinic’s comfort. We were also surprised how clean everything was. Almost shiny which was quite unexpectedly with all those lines!

12/09/2019 at 9:22 am
  4. Yes! But only in case If you have one open tube you might get pregnant without much struggle.Medication might help you out to increase chances of ovulating on the open side.But if both tubes are blocked laparoscopic surgery could be done that help opening blocked tube but the overall percentage of having the successful pregnancy is about 20 percent which is quite less according to expectations.The other finer way that might be adopted for possible conceptions is IVF.
    In this fertility drugs are taken to stimulate ovaries and the ultrasound-guided needle is used to retrieve eggs directly from ovaries.This is the treatment that is considered more often because this avoids blockage of the fallopian tube.Most of the doctor’s advice the removal of the fallopian tube because in most of the cases inflamed tube can decrease odds of IVF success.Not to forget there is the certain time period that requires from recovering and then you are allowed to try IVF surgery.

03/20/2018 at 8:18 pm
  5. I’m afraid there’s no way out but unblock your tubes surgically. Otherwise you’ll be wasting precious time. You’ve also mentioned you’ve got tested by dr. As far as I understand, he found nothing wrong with your eggs, right? This means you have them enough and healthy to count on. so there are 2 ways possible. 1. Unblock tubes and continue trying naturally. (Please mind, unfortunately, we not always get the expected results after surgeries. Sometimes more than 1 surgery is needed. So you should ask your dr what he thinks is better in your case). 2. Moving on with ivf (they’ll perform the whole procedure omitting your tube issues). Make sure you’ve done thorough research on the experts/clinics. Sometimes it’s useful to get the second opinion. Make sure you trust your dr. This is very important with treatments!! Hoping for your best.

09/12/2018 at 1:21 pm
  6. Fallopian tube blocked at a level means there can be pain and discomfort. I have heard this usually happens in case of salpingitis or like when you have ectopic though… but I know scar tissues can get really ugly sometimes. Natural TTC definitely won’t work appropriately with you or not very frevolously. Well unless it’s both the tubes being compromised there is slight chance that the one remaining might just be enough. Will surely require double the time though and I assume with all these you’re quite not in the mood to wait persistantly. Then I guess IVF could help… in fact IVF is the best fit. It doesn’t even requires the participation of the tubes. All you need to do is get well prepared and begin your IVF journey.

12/09/2019 at 9:16 am
Leave a reply