Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Cramps after IVF, increased appetite, no other symptoms

Cramps after IVF, increased appetite, no other symptoms

1. Sonica
    Sonica

My doc did ET (3 embryos) on 3rd Feb, i had some orandish-redish discharge on 3rd & 4th feb and doc said it could be because she had to forcefully enter the tools in me during ET. Appetite increased 4-5 days after ET. Now having periods type cramps for the last 3-4 days. Very small amount of lemon-yellow discharge (colour resembles the mucous from nose when you catch a cold) for the last 2-3 days. Are these positive or negative signs? My blood test is on 17th Feb.

02/13/2018 at 3:05 pm
  2. Dear sonica,

The symptoms you’ve described may be caused by the fertility medications you’ve been taking to prepare for the embryo transfer. They are not positive or negative signs, they are just side effects.

If they occur close to day 15 post embryo transfer, however, they may be embryo implantation symptoms. The truth is, there’s no possible way to make a guess, as many factors can influence the way you feel. Only the result of a pregnancy test is a reliable way to make sure whether the treatment has been successful or not.

Have a look at the following forum to find related topics: Embryo Transfer Forum.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

02/13/2018 at 3:20 pm
    • Thanks Sandra F.
      Feeling relief after knowing that these are not negative signs.. thanks a lot dear. ?????

02/13/2018 at 3:28 pm
    • Rest assured, these are not negative signs. In fact, they can either mean nothing or mean that implantation has occurred, but negative symptoms is the last thing they may be 😉

02/13/2018 at 3:35 pm
  3. As the blood test date is coming near… My cramps are increasing and so is my fear… ?

02/14/2018 at 3:31 pm
  4. Hello Sonica,

Stay positive and confirm your pregnancy tests, don’t come to conclusion or mislead yourself. Eat healthy diet and be tension free, everything will be fine.
    Once the test is done, let us know. It will be positive… 🙂

02/15/2018 at 1:21 pm
  5. Got my blood test done today.. got value of 25.1
    Doc has scheduled another blood test after 48 hours. What are the chances of me being pregnant?
    ET was done on 3rd Feb at around 5pm. Blood test was done 17th Feb at 10 am. (i.e. approx. 13 days & 17 hours). Really worried.. loosing my mind..

02/17/2018 at 1:32 pm
    • Hello Sonica,

A beta-hCG value of 25.1 is actually a low value, indicating that you’re 3-4 weeks pregnant. Let’s wait and see if this value has doubled after 48 hours, which will indicate that everything is going as it should.

I wish you the best of luck!

02/19/2018 at 8:37 am
    • Hi Sandra.. got my 2nd test result today. The value has decreased. The process failed. I am feeling so lost.. don’t know what to do.

02/19/2018 at 2:48 pm
  6. When would be the right time to do 2nd round/cycle of IVF? Again with donor eggs.

02/19/2018 at 6:14 pm
  7. Oh, that was hard to read. I’m sorry, sonica, your cycle failed. Give yourself time to recover both physically and emotionally. We’re using donor eggs as well this time. Our previous 2 ivf rounds with own eggs brought no success. This is another rollercoaster to have another woman involved into the process..Still no other way out — my eggs got useless..

05/29/2018 at 2:28 pm
Leave a reply