Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Day 5 IVF transfer with two eggs

Day 5 IVF transfer with two eggs

1. Zetroc
    Zetroc

I have had my tubes tied for 16 years and decided to try IVF. I had two eggs transferred on Dec 29th, it was a 5-day embryo transfer. Since then I have taken home pregnancy tests because that’s just how anxious I am to know, they all have been negative including the one this morning which is post 8 days. I have been having what feels like menstrual cramping for 3 days now. Did my IVF fail? I had my first beta today and get my 2nd one on Friday but I’ve been losing sleep over this.

01/07/2016 at 1:21 am
  2. Dear Raquel,

Taking a pregnancy test 8 days post embryo transfer is still too early as to get accurate results. This means the negative outcome you got could be a false negative result, in which case there are still chances for you to be pregnant. Given that it was a blastocyst embryo transfer, wait until day 10 and then do the appropriate blood pregnancy test again, this time you will get an accurate result.

As for the symptoms you are describing, they are totally normal. They could be either due to pregnancy, fertility drugs, or the premenstrual syndrome (known as “PMS symptoms”).

You may also enjoy some further information reading this: Symptoms After Embryo Transfer – Most Common Positive Signs.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes

01/07/2016 at 9:26 am
Leave a reply