Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Delayed period after taking Smartova and Fertisure F or pregnancy?

Delayed period after taking Smartova and Fertisure F or pregnancy?

1. Neharika
    Neharika

Hi..

My last period arrived at 15 Nov and during this period I had done my ovulation study. Doc gave me some medicines like smartova and fertisure F… After that, me n my husband tried to plan for a baby. But my ovulation study was not effective. Endometrium thickness increased but my follicle was about 14.9 in size. At this time, my period has not came till now. My cycle length is 24 days and it’s been regular since one year. On Dec 21 I saw one red tissue with white discharge and then brown n pink color discharge on the same day. After that till now… my periods have not occurred and my urine test was negative. What to do? Whether I’m pregnant or is it bcz of smartova dose that my periods got delayed?

Pls suggest. Thanks

12/28/2016 at 11:23 am
  2. Dear Neharika,

Have you repeated the test lately? The most advisable is to take a pregnancy test a few days after a delayed period, about 4-5 at least. My advice now is that you take another one, as the you may have gotten a false negative result with the 1st one. This is because, if taken too early, the test cannot detect your hCG levels yet, and therefore show a negative result.

If you take another one and it is still negative, visit your doctor for an ultrasound and a quantitative beta hCG test.

On the other hand, a possible reason why your period is missing is linked to the medications you mentioned, yes. They may alter your normal menstrual cycle by prolonging it.

I hope I have been able to help,

Should you have any further queries, do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

01/05/2017 at 12:08 pm
Leave a reply