Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Does implantation bleeding have clots?
Menu

Does implantation bleeding have clots?

1. Beatrix
    Beatrix

Hi doctor, let’s see if you can help me out… I’ve been trying to conceive for 5 months and this month my period is missing. I had what it seemed to be implantation bleeding 2 days ago but the following day it came with clots, is it a concerning sign or is it considered normal? We’ve very excited waiting to get a BFP on pregnancy test but this was an unexpected event…

03/15/2018 at 8:13 am
  2. Dear Beatrix,

Implantation bleeding is the result of an embryo trying to attach to your endometrial lining, which causes a slight amount of blood loss out of the lining’s wall in some women. Implantation bleeding is usually a mild spotting, brown in color, and in most cases last 2-3 days. It’s uncommon that it appears bright red in color or is accompanied by blood clots. Heavy bleeding and blood clots may be a sign of early miscarriage, so my advice is that you visit your doctor.

Learn more: What Are the First Signs & Symptoms of Embryo Implantation?

I hope this helps,

Best

03/15/2018 at 5:22 pm
Comments
You might also like
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.