Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Does masturbation cause infertility?

Does masturbation cause infertility?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">malcom</span>
    malcom

Just wondering if excessive masturbation (like 4 times a day or over) will make me infertile… Serious question really. I’m 26 and just met the girl of my dreams… planning to create a family with her and very worried if i won’t be able to get her pregnant. Pls help

03/14/2018 at 12:06 pm
  2. Dear malcom,

In principle, ejaculating excessively over the day has no long-term effects on sperm quality or count. However, it affects the sperm count temporarily. Simply put, every time you ejaculate, you will “lose” sperm from your body, so it’s only logical that your sperm count decreases until your body produces new sperm.

If you’re planning to have a child with your new partner, you should know that regular masturbation can lower a man’s sperm count temporarily, making it more difficult for you to get pregnant.

I hope this helps,

Best

03/15/2018 at 4:48 pm
  3. Well, I have heard of something like this before. Yes, there are certain side effects of masturbation. Obviously, anything done excessively is bad for you. It’s great that you have met your soulmate. You don’t need to worry much. While there are some side-effects, lower sperm count is only a temporary one. Just ensure that your happy hour doesn’t exceed more than once a day because I don’t think it’d be very healthy otherwise.

03/22/2018 at 7:14 pm
Leave a reply