Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Examinations and analyses for IVF with donor eggs in Ukraine

Examinations and analyses for IVF with donor eggs in Ukraine

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Gretchen</span>
    Gretchen

Hello, I’m German and my husband and I are considering traveling to Ukraine for IVF with donor egg but we’ve heard the law there establishes that both women and men have to undergo many tests and analyses to check whether we actually can start this process. We’ve been looking for a list or something but still haven’t found a reliable source. Do you have any idea? Please, if you could do this for us, it would be very much appreciated because we are still in the process of taking the decision.

01/27/2016 at 11:06 am
  2. Dear Gretchen,

thank you very much for getting involved. The examinations required for the recipients who are about to undergo the IVF procedure in Ukraine (either with donor eggs or with their own gametes) are established by the Decree of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine No. 771. According to it, the analyses required are not the same for women and men, which I’m listing below:

For women:

• – Blood analysis for the detection of blood group and Rh factor, syphilis, HIV, hepatitis B and C (valid for 3 months)
    • – Clinical urine and blood analyses (valid for 1 month)
    • – Biochemical blood analyses to test total protein, creatinine, urea, bilirubin, ALT, AST, and glucose (valid for 1 month)
    • – Blood coagulogram (valid for 1 month)
    • – Blood analyses for the detection of the following group of infections (called TORCH infections): cytomegalovirus, toxoplasm, rubella, and herpesvirus)
    • – Hormone analyses (taken on day 2 or day 3 of the menstrual cycle): FSH, LH, prolactin, free T4, TSH, and cortisol (valid for 6 months)
    • – Colposcopy, Pap test, or oncocytological test (valid for 1 year provided that positive results are obtained)
    • – Vaginal discharge analyses (PCR chlamydia trachomatis, smear for microflora…) (valid for 1 month)
    • – Mammography (ultrasonic diagnosis of mammary glands) (valid for 6 months)
    • – Photoroentgenography (valid for 6 months)
    • – Transvaginal ultrasonic diagnosis of pelvis organs

For men:

• – Blood analysis for HIV, syphilis, and hepatitis B and C
    • – Blood analysis for the detection of blood group and Rh factor
    • – Semen analysis (seminogram) after a 3-day period of alcoholic and sexual abstinence

You should keep in mind that women will have to meet the physician and the endocrinologist to get comments in order to verify there is no contraindication to pregnancy taking into account your particular case. Both comments will be valid for 6 months. Furthermore, the list of analyses and examinations presented above may be extended depending on the particular circumstances of each patient.

I hope I have clarified your concerns,

Best wishes

02/04/2016 at 12:43 pm
Leave a reply
Other topics related to this forum