False positive result after receiving donor eggs

1. L. Mulligan
    L. Mulligan

Hi, I’m halfway through the 2WW. My ET was done on March, 10 and it was a two, 8-cell embryo transfer. Tomorrow morning is my pregnancy test, but I couldn’t wait any longer so I did a urine test today and it was positive!! 🙂 But I don’t trust it, could I have gotten a false positive result? Or am I actually pregnant? Thanks!!

03/21/2016 at 9:54 am
  2. Dear L. Mulligan,

taking into account your embryo’s grading and stage of development—3 days in this case, corresponding to an 8-cell embryo—and the amount of days after the embryo transfer, you could take a pregnancy test today and get an accurate result.

Normally, our recommendation is that you wait up until the beta-hCG test due date, but this does not mean a urine test is going to show a false positive result if you take it now. What I mean is that the most common is that the positive result you got is an accurate one and therefore you are pregnant.

Pregnancy tests rarely give you a false positive result, in any case you can get a false negative result if it is done too early, as hCG levels may be still too low for being detectable.

In conclusion, as I said, you are likely to be pregnant, but my advice is that you take the blood pregnancy test as well. This way you can get a quantitative result and be able to verify the result you got through HPT.

See also: Pregnancy symptoms after receiving donor eggs

Best regards

03/21/2016 at 12:42 pm
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.