Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
FET due date with donated embryos

FET due date with donated embryos

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Annalisa Erickson</span>
    Annalisa Erickson

Heey! My name is Annalisa and I’m about to start a fertility treatment with donated embryos. But I’ve some questions now and look forward to your kind reply if possible… Well, firstly I must say I decided to use donated embryos instead of doing an IVF cycle using both donor eggs and sperm mainly because I want to be a single mom and also because it is far cheaper than using donor eggs and sperm.

I wanna know which is the FET due date with donated embryos. BTW my period starts next week!

Thanks

11/19/2015 at 9:50 am
  2. Dear Annalisa,

Usually, with this type of fertility treatment, women start the cycle by taking hormone medications for hormone balancing. The purpose of these fertility drugs is to trigger the growth of endometrial tissue, because it will help it acquire the required receptivity for embryo implantation. From that moment on, you will be monitored through ultrasound scan tests in order to determine whether your endometrium has already achieved the expected thickness and then proceed with the embryo transfer (ET). In case the expected endometrial thickness is not reached throughout this period of time, the ET will be cancelled and scheduled for the following month.

The following explanation will help you understand why the FET due date is so precise: If ovulation usually starts around day 14 of your menstrual cycle (i.e. 14 days after your period starts), the FET would be performed more or less 2 o 5 days after this date, depending on how many days the frozen embryos have. On average, it is done between day 15 and 20 of a woman’s menstrual cycle.

Hope this helps

11/25/2015 at 10:10 am
Leave a reply